Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2018 BMC TM02 upgrading to Di2
Quote | Reply

I want to upgrade my TM02 to Di2. No idea where to start with this one.Has anyone done this before? Plan B would be to sell it and buy the TM02 Di2 if it works out to be too expensive to do it myself. Do I just need the Di2 kit or what there be modifications needed to the frame e.g drilling holes etc?

Quote Reply
Re: 2018 BMC TM02 upgrading to Di2 [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After 6 years with my 2012 BMC TM01 with a mix of Ultegra/Dura-Ace Mechanical 10 speed, I took it into the shop last month and had it rebuilt with SRAM E-tap 11 speed plus a new rear brake and an upgraded cockpit. It was a shit ton cheaper than buying a new bike even letting the pros do the work. I looked at the new BMC TM01 but its not long and low like the old one and I would have to buy a 2nd cockpit to get to my position. I hope to get another 6 years out of the bike now that it is practically brand new.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 BMC TM02 upgrading to Di2 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What cockpit did you upgrade too? I have the TM02 and I want to tidy up the front end.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 BMC TM02 upgrading to Di2 [Phil_Jono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile Design carbon base bar and T4 aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need to drill, the Juntion A box will mount near the stem, the cable running to your Junction B box will run along your rear brake cable, the battery will go in the space below the seatpost as you have it configured or under the storage box when the seatpost is mounted in the forward position. There should be a foam sleeve, if not a wrap of bubble wrap will hold it secure.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 BMC TM02 upgrading to Di2 [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t have anything to add, except to say that your bike is really beautiful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, I’m now looking to upgrade to Di2, did you have much success?
Quote Reply