Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Hey Rob, if you can post some of your runs and pictures of them for your prep to Ultraman Florida it would be really cool. Plus when you have tough miles between 30 and 50 on race day, you'll have everyone here cheering for you to get to the final 6 miles of fun (should be less than 2x30 minutes for those 6....I hope).

will do... there are about 10 inches of snow outside today... I'm weighing up the epicness of an outdoor run vs the smart choice of treadmill... I'll post a pic when I decide which way to go ;-)

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Hey Rob, if you can post some of your runs and pictures of them for your prep to Ultraman Florida it would be really cool. Plus when you have tough miles between 30 and 50 on race day, you'll have everyone here cheering for you to get to the final 6 miles of fun (should be less than 2x30 minutes for those 6....I hope).

will do... there are about 10 inches of snow outside today... I'm weighing up the epicness of an outdoor run vs the smart choice of treadmill... I'll post a pic when I decide which way to go ;-)

I recommend treadmill run, then quick transition to Vibrams with embedded spikes and run in the snow and post pictures of your "Saquatch prints". Some whacko in Boulder will probably call the police when they see your prints especially if you choose to run with a furry suit on. Something like this will do for good Ultraman heat training in the snow.

Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh well, already training for the January Houston Marathon - might as well throw in for this too. Temps are going to get up to 80 degrees today, so another cool run day down here in Texas ; )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In and logged first workout! Realized it's been since the end of the challenge two years ago since my last update - automatic push from Garmin Connect -> Strava is just so much easier (any chance there's something similar in the works here?). I just went ahead and filled out the month of December so at least I'll have a full month of data on here by the end of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question. I don't have a foot pod so when running on the treadmill, should I enter the distance completed displayed on the treadmill or enter my estimate distance?

i.e. --> 30 min run estimation would equal to 6.5 km for me.

Thanks
Minh
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [tixunau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just knocked out my 2015/16 inaugural 100/100 run. 4 miles, 17 degrees F, heavy snow with 6-8" on the ground. Righteous run.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my bib ready!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow...already this time of year again? How time flies... Was close last year at 98 runs and cracked 700 miles. Was ultra training last year though and only marathon training this time...I foresee a drop in both of those numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, for some reason I thought this started closer to New Year's. I'm still only counting runs lasting 30 minutes or more, I don't care how they modify the rules.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Got my bib ready!

[/q
uote]

Can you also post the coveted participant medals that come with the outrageous entry fee for this event?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone having problems importing tcx files? I get a time, but no distance.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [speedskater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speedskater wrote:
Anyone having problems importing tcx files? I get a time, but no distance.

I don't get time or distance when I try and add a .tcx that I exported from Garmin Connect.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I was doing- the download from Connect. I'll see if I can get it from the device.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, on the device they are .fit files. Oh well, I guess I"ll have to enter my tiny numbers by hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Got my bib ready!

Can you also post the coveted participant medals that come with the outrageous entry fee for this event?

Sure!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I don't think I am long for this challenge....the PF I noted earlier seems to be real, not just a little "niggle". Didn't run for a week, did some rolling, icing, heating, etc. Felt better this week and did 2 (short) treadmill runs. No pain when I was running, but definitely some lingering pain throughout the day, back to the level it was last week.

I am signed up for Madison this year, so I *know* the answer is to rest / recover now and not jeopardize IMWI....but I have been running well (for me) this fall. I would hate to go backwards at this point.

I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens, but I'm guessing I'm gonna have to drop out. Also have a doc appt Monday after I get back from Asia.

*frustrated*

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today was my 66th consecutive running day - I'd love to make it 164 and get to the end of the challenge. 8.2 miles on the TM in an hour this morning.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Well, I don't think I am long for this challenge....the PF I noted earlier seems to be real, not just a little "niggle". Didn't run for a week, did some rolling, icing, heating, etc. Felt better this week and did 2 (short) treadmill runs. No pain when I was running, but definitely some lingering pain throughout the day, back to the level it was last week.

I am signed up for Madison this year, so I *know* the answer is to rest / recover now and not jeopardize IMWI....but I have been running well (for me) this fall. I would hate to go backwards at this point.

I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens, but I'm guessing I'm gonna have to drop out. Also have a doc appt Monday after I get back from Asia.

*frustrated*

There are still 99 days to 'get back into it'.....so just back it off now, ride the hotel spin bike, water run in the hotel pool if you need to, and probably a few days later you can resume very low intensity running. I agree don't jeopardize IMWI!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
Today was my 66th consecutive running day - I'd love to make it 164 and get to the end of the challenge. 8.2 miles on the TM in an hour this morning.

...on the path to a 3:1x run at your next IM!!!! By the way, what grade do you run on the treadmill? I think the grade option is under utilized, because it penalizes pace and distance, but I think the biggest benefit for IM running from the treadmill is using the grade to run lots of hills, often in every treadmill run. The nice thing about treadmill hills is that your legs don't take the downhill beating like outdoor hills and unlike Mirinda Carfrae who runs in "finesse" mode even in an IM, most of us are running with the heavier legs in "brute force mode" in an IM, akin to uphill running. Ultratriguy was saying this is also beneficial to ultra runners.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
natethomas wrote:

...on the path to a 3:1x run at your next IM!!!! By the way, what grade do you run on the treadmill? I think the grade option is under utilized, because it penalizes pace and distance, but I think the biggest benefit for IM running from the treadmill is using the grade to run lots of hills, often in every treadmill run. The nice thing about treadmill hills is that your legs don't take the downhill beating like outdoor hills and unlike Mirinda Carfrae who runs in "finesse" mode even in an IM, most of us are running with the heavier legs in "brute force mode" in an IM, akin to uphill running. Ultratriguy was saying this is also beneficial to ultra runners.

I'm generally in the 'set it at 1% and forget it' mentality. I've been gearing up for a 5k this weekend, and hoping to be down close to 17 minutes. Been doing lots of 1/4 and 1/2 mile repeats on the TM as well as strides at 12mph. After the race maybe I'll do some hill repeat work.

For races like Boston, I've heard of folks throwing a few 2x4's under the rear of the TM to simulate some downhill running (which most TM's can't do), although it's probably not great for the motor unless it's a decent treadmill.

I'm not planning on another IM for a few years, but hoping to carry some real good run fitness into 2016. I feel I should be able to run mid 1:2x off the bike in a HIM come spring. Over the past 2+ months of solid running I've already seen some big gains, and my pace has dropped by around 20 sec/mile at the similar HR.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: 2015-2016 100 Runs 100 Days Thread Dec 15-Mar 24 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in, at least until shoulder surgery in late January, and hoping to hit the bronze level at least in terms of percentage until that point. Also hoping it helps my husband get out more - he has always hated running but it's growing on him, so he'll go with me on the short runs (~30min) now and enjoys it more with company.

I'm a slow shuffler in general (~11:00), but he's an even slower shuffler (~12:00-13:00) so heads up don't judge too harshly! (Should that have been in pink font? #noob)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TFW you've done 2 runs by day 2 and the challenge text says "98 runs behind."

It would be really useful in this context if there were an easy way to see what day number we are currently on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I signed up. Not sure if I'll even make bronze but we'll see. I actually did the full 100/100 a number of years ago but life has gotten in the way and I've let the training slide, a lot. I'm also about 40lbs heavier than what I got down to back then too. I'll just be going slow and easy, and ready to back off if I need to, but maybe this will help kick start a rebuild.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm in for a week. maybe more but it will all depend on the lymph node biopsy. so far, though 3/3 (i started a day early... ) :)

thanks for doing this dev!

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a great day today for a run 2c and sunny. Can't wait to get out after a crazy day at work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next