Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call
Quote | Reply
This year I got my airline tickets for Kona, Hawaii a few days sooner than last year so I figured it is as good a time to start the official 2009 Ironman Hawaii Roll Call.

We'll be there Monday October 5th through Monday October 12th and we are staying next door to Lava Java. Amy leaves a day sooner than me though. :-(

So who all is going this year?

Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am racing - IM Kona # 5 for me, M45-49, then XTERRA Maui 2 weeks later. Arrive Monday 10/5, 7 day stay. 8+ weeks of training to go...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had plane tickets to go (spectate) but I changed them because I'm going to race xterra trail running worlds in December instead. I couldn't swing two trips to hawaii within two months for obvious reasons. ;)

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going! F18-24, first IM Hawaii, I'm so excited! Qualified in IM China with a horrific time (was the only one in my age group.. ha). I'm also just coming off of a 7 week injury so I'll just be enjoying the race rather than going for a PR sadly.

See you all in Hawaii! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, it's early August and you're doing a roll call?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am, and i'll be staying a couple of doors north of you. i arrive the 4th, out the 12th.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to do Louisville and Madison before Kona but I think I'll make it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There all week, working demo days, sneaking in some workouts here and there and enjoying the best week of the year with my friends.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be going! Oct. 1st-12th, then off to Maui, but no XTerra this year. It's gonna be my third race in Kona.

:::: Rocco's Studio 69 ::::
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
September 30 through October 14th in Kona and then Kuai for a week to heal my beat body. Kona Alii again 'cause how can you not stay 30 feet from Lava Java!

Trying to avenge the Fat Boy coverage from 2007.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my slot a week ago at Ironman UK. Finally going, my first time to Kona!

I'll be there from Sunday 27th September through to Tuesday 13th October. Staying in the Kona Seaside hotel. Really can't wait!

Russ

--
Blog - Twitter - Coaching - Training Camps
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dude, it's early August and you're doing a roll call?
It never really is too early. After all this seems to be the "gift" that keeps on "giving."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe and Sue Bonness, trip #17, Oct 1 thru the 13th. Sounds like we will have a few STers in Kona Alii this year.

Support Crew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kudos to you guys and gals....qualifying for Hawaii when I was racing hard was probably 10x easier than it is now....the sport is so huge and the competition so deep. Kudos.....enjoy it heroes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It only took me 8 years qualify but I am going! Unfortunately I am staying about the shortest time Oct 7th - Oct 13th. Staying south of town by about 14 miles from the airport in a condo in Kanaloa. I am hoping all these runs in the North Carolina heat have me acclimated to run in the lava fields.

Peace,
Rockfish
aka Greg Sheehan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're in. MissP( Paolina Allan) is racing and of course my one roll is to be at her beck and call, and ultimate Gear Sherpa all week. Outside if that perhaps a few Mai Tai's and beers every now and then! :)

Have yet to settle/book flights but most likley in on Oct 2/3 and out on the 12/13.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [tampafw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I won't be there this itis the 25th anniversay of my trip there. The qualifying was much easier and much more international based as it is today but hey that's what makes it a Worlds championship. Enjoy and hope see some of the people doubling up at Clearwater.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ill be there. I qualified at IMWI last year. M25-29. This will be my first trip to Kona for the IM. Not really sure how its gonna go as I just had back surgery 6 days ago! I still plan on racing, but def will not be in the shape I wanted to be.

-Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's never too early to start talking about Kona..:) Hubby and I will be back this year. I raced in '07 - one of the best days of my life. Arriving Sept 17 and staying for a month at Ali'i Cove condos about 1/2 a mile up the road from Lava Java. We'll be volunteering in registration, bike/bag check in, and body marking on the morning of the big day. Aloha!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [IMVoice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Got to do Louisville and Madison before Kona but I think I'll make it!
----------------------------
reply to mike:
yesssssssssssssssss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hey Herbert and ST'ers bound for Kona.

The blueseventy team that attended last years event had a great time, so nice to meet so many of you.

Sooooo, we were wondering if we could put forward our house as a location for a gathering this year? Beer and nibbles for sure. We have a house about 1 mile away from lava java. (Up the hill)

Thoughts? we will not be offended if others venues are chosen.

Cheers all

Deano
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there to race.

Looking forward to some beach time with the kids and to hanging with Herbert at LJ...

vinu@fuelbelt.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [Vinu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First timer M25-29, Oct 3-12.

Looking forward to a great week!
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Ironman Hawaii roll call [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We're in. MissP( Paolina Allan) is racing and of course my one roll is to be at her beck and call, and ultimate Gear Sherpa all week. Outside if that perhaps a few Mai Tai's and beers every now and then! :)

Have yet to settle/book flights but most likley in on Oct 2/3 and out on the 12/13.

I'll sherpa for you if I can crash on your floor. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going for the first time. Qualified at Wisconsin last year. This is the only year I wanted a hot summer for training and we set a record for the coolest July ever in Madison.

Where's the line to get the tattoo after the finish?

-- Scott
Quote Reply

Prev Next