Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2004 QR Bike Preview
Quote | Reply
http://rooworld.com/english/2004/2004.html

I wonder if they'll have any small 700c sizes?

Interbike couldn't be sooner, could it? It's memoryville of pre-Christmas anticipation as a kid.
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 QR Bike Preview [lobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this. I'd been looking for the new QR stuff, but I couldn't find it. As usual, looks like another fine batch of true tri bikes. Dang, I love those new flames on the caliente. Very Sweet.

-Gopher a ride, come back in a week.
Quote Reply
Santa...pls bring me a Santo [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

...Been a while since I've posted here, although I've been dutifully lurking all along.

OK...right on QROO/ABG! The Santo is the breath of fresh "old" air that this industry needs: round tubes, QRoo geo, NORMAL-DAMNED headset, simple ti. This has been sorely missing since the demise of the Merlin tri line. No gimmicky integrated headsets (NO...that 2 cm's of stack height won't earn/cost you a Kona slot), no JB Welded carbon stays (why the F do you need carbon stays with properly designed/fitted ti anyhow?!), no goofball shaped tubes (round equals strong and, more importantly, comfortable). The speed items are exactly where they need to be--the fork, the wheels and, presumably, the rider's position.

Perhaps this bike can be the average age grouper's reality check. In the meantime I love it. I'm guessing it's LS's strait guage 3/2.5 tubeset. The chain stays look fairly short, which should make for great acceleration. Again, thank goodness for a normal headset.

Dan--do you have the liberty to share any insights on this marvel of "old school" (sheesh) technology?

Nicely done QRoo--the Santo...a bike even Bunnyman can love.

Scott

"Aero-schmaero. Be comfy and, above all else, have fun."
Quote Reply
Re: Santa...pls bring me a Santo [Scott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny reference to Merlin (I think):

The magic ride quality of this titanium frame combats rider fatigue.
Last edited by: bigdeal: Sep 15, 03 9:16
Quote Reply