Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2003 Silicon Valley Kids Triathlon
Quote | Reply
I know a fair amount of you have kids so I thought I would post this. the event is open to Kids 6-14 [2yr age brackets]
[FYI any revenue over event cost will be donated to the Silicon Valley Childrens Fund's (503c3) Battered Childrens Center]www.funds4kids.org

"Silicon Valley Triathlon Club is proud to announce that the 4th Annual Silicon Valley Kids Triathlon will be held on Sunday, July 27, 2003 at DeAnza College in Cupertino. We are expecting a sell-out at 600 participants. Tell your friends and relatives to check the SVTC web page for details and updates http://www.svtriclub.org . Also, if you want to be part of this fun event as a volunteer, e-mail the Co-Race Director, Robert Jones at svkidstri@aol.com"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Last edited by: eric: Apr 29, 03 12:43
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 Silicon Valley Kids Triathlon [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate kids' triathlons. All these kids out there, going slow, getting in my way on the course. So many of these kids are novices, I have to keep yelling at them: "Get out of the way, kid!" "Stay right, kid!" "Hey kid, if you can't ride any faster maybe you should be doing...well...some other kids' race!" How am I supposed to set a PR with all these damn kids! Once, this kid tried to pass me in the finishing chute. He got an elbow in the throat for his troubles. In the end, I didn't have to worry because he had started in the 11&12 AG wave that went before the 13&14 AG wave I jumped into. Still, it is tough to tell a 12 year old from a 14 year old these days and I still had a shot at a podium spot in my wave (not that they would let a 31 year-old onto the podium in the 13&14 AG, but I would have known I deserved to be there, and that is what matters).
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 Silicon Valley Kids Triathlon [garth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garth as head referee you are hereby banned from age group racing and will be assinged to our new Zinkster Category whose only reward is a t shirt that reads "I'm too bitchen for myself"

lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply