Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2003 & 2004 QR, X-Terra and Orca wetsuits at COST
Quote | Reply
Before you reply that this post belongs in the Classifieds forum, please hear me out.

Our local (and only) triathlon shop is having some problems. Allegedly, a former employee defrauded and stole from the business, the extent to which the owner and new manager (a very close friend of mine) are just beginning to discover. They're sitting on a ton of inventory, and it's absolutely critical to their solvency that liquidate it immediately. Triathlon is a seasonal sport in my area, and they have thousands tied up in wetsuit inventory - something quite difficult to liquidate when it's snowing and 17 degrees F. outside.

Because I want to see this shop stick around, and because I know my friend has the capacity to return the business to profitability, I've offered to buy their entire 2003 and 2004 inventory of wetsuits at cost. Basically, I'm assuming a chunk of risk so that they can move forward.

So here's the deal: I have approximately 70 brand new wetsuits that need good homes. I have a bunch of 2003 and 2004 QR suits (mostly full suits, many different models), and a handful of 2003 Orca suits. They're all brand new, still in their original packaging.

If you need a new wetsuit, or if someone you know needs a new wetsuit, please consider purchasing one of these from me. The price is cost plus shipping to your door. Shoot me a Private Message if you're interested and I'll send you my inventory and price list.

UPDATE: I've received a ton of Private Messages. I'm replying with what amounts to a form letter that lists the inventory and sizing. Please don't take offense at the impersonal-type reply. Also, it's very easy for me to track your queries by replying to your PM with another PM, rather than replying to an email address. I hope you understand. If you asked for the list and not heard from me within an hour or two, please PM me again.

Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 30, 04 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 & 2004 QR and Orca wetsuits at COST [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just found a small stash of X-Terra suits as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must have a high paying job and really like your friend...

To shell out aprox. 10k to help him out like that.
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 & 2004 QR and Orca wetsuits at COST [king1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't get where I am without the help of friends. Doing this will help keep a small business above water (I'm a serial entrepreneur, so I've a soft spot for others like myself) and it will help my friend keep a job that he loves. That makes it a worthwhile investment to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the perfect EBay opportunity.

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey jhendric, I just PM'ed you.

Tom

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats a very cool thing to do.

I hope my my first reply did not sound sarcastic because it wasn't suppose to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully he will learn about "internal controls" next time around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi jhendric,

I just PM'ed you.

Sérgio

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow,

That is awesome. You are a great guy. E-Bay may also be a helpful resource: Guaranteed cash in 7 days and the timing is perfect right now with the holidays here.

Will he take orders by phone for these suits? I'll let our customers know about this and pass the information along. Hopefully we can broom some suits for you. Are the size runs pretty complete?

"We have to stick together in our little industry" -Dan Empfield, Quintana Roo, circa 1995.

Best Wishes,

Tom.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I come across anyone looking for a wetsuit I will send them your way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest posting this over at trinewbies.com as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 & 2004 QR and Orca wetsuits at COST [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I'm doing is giving the shop a lump-sum for all their suits - cost minus $15 per suit. In doing so, I'm assuming the risk for selling these suits, providing them enough cash to place their 2005 wetsuit/clothing order, solving some cash-flow problems, and freeing up their resources so they can worry about solving this and other problems. They could certainly sell these on ebay, as they have done from time-to-time in the past. However, this requires a fair amount of resources (listing, responding to questions, billing, packing, shipping, et cetera). I work from home, I have a lot of spare time, and this seems like a good deal for everyone involved.

Whatever I don't sell here, I'll stick up on Ebay, but I'll probably wait until Spring as there doesn't seem to be much demand for wetsuits on Ebay right now. I'll PM you with my contact information.

As for sizing/quantities, I've got a pretty wide range of sizes, but usually only one or two in each size.
Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 30, 04 6:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have another PM.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 & 2004 QR and Orca wetsuits at COST [king1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the responses I've received (50+). Go Slowtwitchers!
Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 30, 04 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 & 2004 QR, X-Terra and Orca wetsuits at COST [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, that's awesome. You guys on this board just make me proud to be a triathlete. I wish I was in the market. This kind of selflessness rates right up there with Dan's bicycles for the orphans.

Good onya...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 & 2004 QR, X-Terra and Orca wetsuits at COST [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just sent you a PM
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 & 2004 QR, X-Terra and Orca wetsuits at COST [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I thought this would be a leisurely activity - buy in bulk and sell off slowly. Not so. I've received over 80 private messages so far from people interested in new suits. Bear with me folks. I'm only one man : )
Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 30, 04 10:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
please send me list of sizes and price.

thanks

randerson12@san.rr.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely would like the list! Thanks.

trifly1994@yahoo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested. Send me the size and price list.

paulpruschki@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm interested in a price and size list. Its great what you're doing!

el_emoo@yahoo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
adding my name to the list of people who'd like a list or two..we'll sell you out of these in no time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all -

I've received a ton of inquiries and I'm starting to set aside suits as people request them. In most cases, I have only one size per model. I'd suggest you let me know ASAP if you want one. Also, if you need a size that I didn't list, let me know. It's quite possible there's more suits we don't even know about yet. I'll keep your information handy and let you know if I uncover anything.

Cheers,
Jason
Last edited by: jhendric: Dec 1, 04 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All -

I put an updated wetsuit inventory list on the web. Check it out and feel free to pass the link along to anyone that might be interested.

Click here.
Quote Reply

Prev Next