Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

20% off at trisports.com
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone I got this email flyer and I thought I would pass it along... please read the instructions carefully though

If you want me to forward the email please send me a private message

It's our Birthday, but the gift is for you!

STOP! Please read this email very carefully!

Happy Birthday to us!!!! Yep, it is TriSports.com's 4th birthday and to celebrate we are going to have one crazy sale for all of our loyal customers. For 72-hours (Wednesday 4/7/04 at 12:00 AM MST to Friday 4/9/04 at 11:59 PM MST) we are having a 20% off sale for everything in the store. This kind of offer only comes around once a year, so hopefully you will be able to take advantage of the great savings! All you have to do is enter BDAY4 in the coupon code section when you check out. (Sorry, not valid w/ sale or closeout items and is valid for the specified time period only - absolutely no exceptions will be made. Internet orders ONLY.)

Below are some answers to FAQ's:
Q) What if I didn't read this email carefully and placed my order before or after the sale?
A) Sorry, this sale is only good during the designated 72-hours.

Q) What if I just ordered before your sale?
A) Sorry, see answer above, now you will know for future reference that our birthday is in April.

Q) You guys normally turn my order lightning fast, can I expect the same turnaround time during the sale?
A) Due to the quantity of orders we receive during the sale we may not get them out as quickly as usual. Orders during the sale that use the coupon could be delayed by as much as 48- hours.

Q) I just ordered and used the coupon code on closeout/sale items - sweeeet!
A) Sorry, this sale is not valid on closeout/sale items, any of these items purchased with the code will be adjusted before your order is shipped and billed.

Start Saving Now!!!!
Last edited by: taku: Apr 5, 04 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: 25% off at trisports.com [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your "heading" say 25%, but the cut & paste of the email says 20%. I'm guessing the 20% is correct.
Quote Reply
Re: 25% off at trisports.com [ktw70115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably right. Last year it was 20%.

And depending on what you're looking for, it may still be cheaper elsewhere. Given all the talk about wheels lately, I was comparing the the Hed 3 on different sites. They are cheaper overall at tri-zone than on tri-sports, even with the 20% off at trisports, because tri-zone has a lower regular price, gives 8-12% credit on the wheel purchase(towards other gear), and throws in free shipping.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.com [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah baby! A new S610i for me ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-"Happy Birthday to us!!!! Yep, it is TriSports.com's 4th birthday and to celebrate we are going to have one crazy sale for all of our loyal customers."

If this is for their loyal customers, what the hell am I getting a promo code for, as I have never bought anything from these guys? Do I still get the discount if I have not been a loyal customer????

I am frustrated. I am going to go "hit it hard."
Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [schnoops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm the loyl customer I am just fowarding it on to people that might like to take advantage... actually anone that signs up for their email flyer gets this email
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i'm the loyal customer I am just fowarding it on to people that might like to take advantage... actually anone that signs up for their email flyer gets this email

No, only customer get this 20% off email. I am signed up with two different emails. But only the email that I 'registered' with my orders got the discount.

This is also the reason I would not forward this email to a forum. If this sale is for customer only I don't give away this code. If they want that this sale is for everyone then they would have sent it to everyone who is on their newsletter list.

jmorrissey, I saw also that the HED wheels are more expensive at www.trisports.com then at www.trizone.com. The other products don't have that much difference. I don't know why the HED wheels are so expensive.

I realy can recommend www.trisports.com. Their customer service is great.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not bashing trisports, I like them just fine. They usually ship the same day, their customer service is very friendly and accomodating, and their prices are pretty good. I was just pointing out that there are still certain items, such as the Hed 3, that can be had elsewhere for less.

BTW, I bought my wetsuit from them last summer, and ordered about $100 worth of stuff 3 weeks ago and didn't get the sale email, even though I got it last year, before I had bought anything from them. So I have no idea what "system" they use to determine who gets invited to their sale and who doesn't.

One more note: I think that they don't advertise the sale publicly because some products are not allowed to be advertised/sold below certain prices, and during this sale, they are certainly selling below those prices.

Last edited by: jmorrissey: Apr 6, 04 3:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
No, only customer get this 20% off email. I am signed up with two different emails. But only the email that I 'registered' with my orders got the discount.
[/reply]

They don't track who gets the email and only give the discount those people. Last year Taku sent me the code and I used it to get a Polar HRM, my first purchase at Trisports. They gave me the discount with no questions asked.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [NJbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beauty. I plan on doing exactly the same thing, though because I'm international I asked them about it first, so they'll have a chance to reject me. Will keep you posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is an email I sent to trsports.com

I just wanted to make sure withyou all that is OK that I foward
this email on to several people who have never bought from you

Answer

Yeah, go ahead and forward!

Thanks for choosing TriSports.com.

~Seton

Seton Claggett, President
TriSports.com
Phone: (888)293-3934
Phone: (520)884-8743
Fax: (602)532-7971

Trisports will make money even with the discount... they want to have people directed towards them as much as possible. It is in their interest to have as much traffic directed towards them... So I have to disagree with you that this is meant only for their customers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gree, it makes no sense to alienate a whole bunch of potential customers at the beginning of the season.

One final note: They absolutely will not honor the sale before or after the advertised dates. I missed it by two days last year because I was away until after the sale ended, and they wouldn't yield. So make your list, and place your order. If you need to get sized for a wetsuit or bike, so it soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED wheel prices at tri-zone.com and trisports.com are exactly the same.
Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not true. Tri-zone is selling the Hed 3 for $448.95 front/$524.95 rear with free shipping(this is their regular price), and an 8% credit for a single wheel, or a 12% credit for a pair. That's net $395.07/$461.96. Trisports.com is selling the Hed 3 for $510 front/$580 rear. With the 20% discount that's $408 front/$464 rear, figure $15/wheel shipping, and you're looking at $427/$479.

Any way you do the math, the prices are not the same. Check their web sites.

Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. I didn't see the discount at trizone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to back you up. I emailed them asking if they were OK with international orders, and they're fine with it. I mentioned the birthday special and even though I've never shopped with them before they said it would apply. HRM here I come.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Trisports will make money even with the discount... they want to have people directed towards them as much as possible. It is in their interest to have as much traffic directed towards them... So I have to disagree with you that this is meant only for their customers[/reply]

Ok, I was wrong. I assumed it was for customer only because I got this offer only on the email address I ordered from.

The HED3 are much more expensive at trisports.com ($580/510) than at tri-zone.com ($449/429).
All other HED wheels have the same price in both shops ($449/524).
Zipp and Reynolds wheels have also the same price. Polar HRM are for most models cheaper at trisporst.com.
It looks that only the HED3 is significant more expensive at trisports.com. I will ask them why.

Last year I ordered a week before this birthday special (but with 15% off from xtri.com add). This year I knew that they will have a birthday sale in April. I will place a big order today (Renn 575, DeSoto clothing, Polar accessories, ...).

Felix

Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. I've been spending too much time obsessing about wheels lately. I keep thinking that if I look enough times, the price will be $448.95(or free if you're Jeff Morrissey!). ;p

Also, I was only really looking at the Hed3's in particular.

Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.comWHAT???? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]No worries. I've been spending too much time obsessing about wheels lately. I keep thinking that if I look enough times, the price will be $448.95(or free if you're Jeff Morrissey!). ;p

Also, I was only really looking at the Hed3's in particular.[/reply]

I asked Debbie Claggett (Vice President TriSports.com) about the HED3 price. Sheanswered:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, HED has just raised prices on their H3 wheels.
Unfortunately, all of our stock is fairly new, so we purchased it all at the
new pricing. We actually didn't know until we received our last bill and
saw that the prices had increased.:(
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$510/580 is also the price on HEDs website. tri-zone.com might raise the price too. If you are interested in HED3 buy them now at tri-zone.com.
The HED3 is a great wheel. I bought a front HED3 last year at TriSports.com and used it together with a Renn disk for all my races.

Felix

Quote Reply
Re: 20% off at trisports.com [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome Taku, thanks!!!!

Just ordered a new Kinetic Trainer - saved over $60!!!!
Quote Reply