Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1x Chainring Compatibility: 11 Speed to 12 Speed?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if 11 speed 1x chainrings will work with a 12 speed chain? I have a custom Garbaruk 50t 1x aero chainring on my Shiv and I'm thinking about making the jump to AXS 12 speed in the rear. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring Compatibility: 11 Speed to 12 Speed? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Does anyone know if 11 speed 1x chainrings will work with a 12 speed chain? I have a custom Garbaruk 50t 1x aero chainring on my Shiv and I'm thinking about making the jump to AXS 12 speed in the rear. Thanks in advance.

It's my understanding that 12spd AXS chains have bigger rollers and narrow width and will only work with Sram AXS rings and cogs. I could be wrong, though...
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring Compatibility: 11 Speed to 12 Speed? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that as well. I should correct my OP though as I’m actually planning on running the Eagle AXS rear derailleur with one of Rotor’s new 12 Speed cassettes (which fits HG freehubs yay!) and a KMC 12 Speed chain.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring Compatibility: 11 Speed to 12 Speed? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes... $300 for a cassette is too rich for me. I'll wait until SunRace comes out with a 12spd cassette that fits on normal 11spd hubs.

Make sure that the spacing on the Rotor cassette is the same as Sram.

What are you using for shifters?

If I could get a 12spd cassette I'd buy the Archer D1x for ~$350. Electronic shifting with no proprietary crap needed and never obsolete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I *think* eagle 12s chain is the better option.

Stay tuned for wolf tooth options.

On a side note eagle 12s quick links work best with Campy 12s as there is only a .05mm difference in width.

Please double check what I’ve said as it is only internet heresay.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring Compatibility: 11 Speed to 12 Speed? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this crazy idea to set up a couple of my frames with blips and just swap the wheels, derailleur, and blip box amongst them. On the TT side I have a Speed Concept, Shiv, and an Omni. I basically always run the same wheels: Jet Black 4 and Jet Black disc. Speed Concept for sprints and olys, Shiv for 70.3s, Omni... doesn't have a purpose... it's a great frame and handles well in the wind (yes, I notice a difference)... but I just don't trust it. Don't ask me why.

Road bike is a Fuji SL with Belgium+ wheels. Tough to justify a Rotor cassette for that bike. Gravel bike is a Culprit Rad. Hate to say it but it doesn't get much use anymore. I'll probably sell both the road and gravel bike as I seem to go straight between TT and mtb these days as the seasons change... and I prefer my XC bike for riding the gravel near me.

Two mountain bikes both of which already have 12 speed cassettes: Cannondale F-Si and a Trek Fuel EX. I've already experimented with placing blips on the bars. It's not perfect but it's not terrible and I'm pretty sure I could 3d print a simple bracket to make it perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had similar thoughts about moving drivetrains between bikes - but my experience with eTap is its a bit finicky- I’d worry about fine-tuning the rear mech from one free hub to another.. I can never figure out the micro-adjust.

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

Check out https://www.pyramidcycledesign.co.uk/ ! If they don't have it already, Mark is great and has helped me with a few custom bits to make things work.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring Compatibility: 11 Speed to 12 Speed? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
I *think* eagle 12s chain is the better option.

Stay tuned for wolf tooth options.

On a side note eagle 12s quick links work best with Campy 12s as there is only a .05mm difference in width.

Please double check what I’ve said as it is only internet heresay.

Maurice

Wolftooth option is already available--just can't use the flattop chain: https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...riant=14782347345955

OP: I doubt your chainring will work...
Quote Reply