Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRobTri wrote:
Regardless of whatever this is, does it really deserve an announcement and an announcement to the announcement? How many people would schedule such a thing to announce a new coach, a new bike sponsor, hell anything?

I agree that announcements of announcements are stupid and make you look like a self pompous ass. Not to mention that is typically un-Lionel, in the sense that he's usually been straightforward with thoughts, uncensored and not premeditated. It does feel like a large sponsor is taking over, and it doesn't make either Lionel or the sponsor look good.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lordhong wrote:
I agree that announcements of announcements are stupid and make you look like a self pompous ass. Not to mention that is typically un-Lionel, in the sense that he's usually been straightforward with thoughts, uncensored and not premeditated. It does feel like a large sponsor is taking over, and it doesn't make either Lionel or the sponsor look good.

I don't think that generating a bit of interest/ hype is a bad thing.
If people don't like him then they won't be interested in the first place and won't even see the announcement.
If somebody is a fan then they may look forward to it.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [Joshua_L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joshua_L wrote:
lordhong wrote:

If people don't like him then they won't be interested in the first place and won't even see the announcement.

That's the weird thing - people who don't like him still follow him and then bitch about it.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [Joshua_L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joshua_L wrote:
lordhong wrote:

I'm a fan. I think though that is totally out of character for him.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
Joshua_L wrote:
lordhong wrote:

That's the weird thing - people who don't like him still follow him and then bitch about it.

Guilty...Kinda
I found myself starting to root for him. But think he has to make some real changes.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is making changes. Havenā€™t you seen the announcement of the announcement! (:

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strangename wrote:
Evgen wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
dfru wrote:
Patrick Lange hasn't had 10% the traction since Kona.

On Slowtwitch, no doubt.
In Canada, I bet.
In USA, possibly.
In the rest of the world, which makes up >95% of human population, probably not.

I can only guess, but I'd be surprised if most Europeans (or the ones who care about Ironman, at least) are walking around after Kona saying "but hey that guy who used to have a moustache and runs funny but doesnt know how to eat sure was fast on part of the bike course".

I'm actually a bit of a fan, but some perspective might be in order. We're a tiny little community here.

I live in eastern Europe. People who like triathlon here, are fond of Sanders, just like USA and Canada. The only difference IMO is Kienle. He is very popular among the field

Living in Western Europe, completely agree with what Evgen said. Even though he makes unprofessional mistakes over and over again, he is by far the most entertaining thing in the field.

Looking at one of the German triathlon forums - it's Kienle's new coach, Lionel's new coach, Daniela...no sign of Lange.

I'm not saying that Lange isn't important or anything - but he is vanilla on vanilla. And that's ok, but Lionel is doing some pretty interesting things, generating debate and conjecture. It's a good play.

And at races and with friends, we aren't talking about 7:52 even anymore - which is incredible. Lange doesn't have that much traction in North America - he probably would be able to walk around Boulder and not be bothered! HA!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
He is making changes. Havenā€™t you seen the announcement of the announcement! (:

Yeah but says things that sound like he's still not mentally ready for a coach.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he just needs to take a dump.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My best guesses:

1. Moving to Bend
2. Partnership with Triathlon Taren
3. Partnership with Talbot Cox
4. New training partner Durianrider
5. Moving from Freshii to Little Debbieā€™s
6. Trying a new Gatorade prototype
7. Training camp in Mallorca
8. Decided he needs to do more indoor training
9. Transitioning to Olympic swimming
10. Shaving the stache to go full hipster
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
My best guesses:

1. Moving to Bend
2. Partnership with Triathlon Taren
3. Partnership with Talbot Cox
4. New training partner Durianrider
5. Moving from Freshii to Little Debbieā€™s
6. Trying a new Gatorade prototype
7. Training camp in Mallorca
8. Decided he needs to do more indoor training
9. Transitioning to Olympic swimming
10. Shaving the stache to go full hipster
11. New Coach: Brett Sutton

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lordhong wrote:
TRobTri wrote:
Regardless of whatever this is, does it really deserve an announcement and an announcement to the announcement? How many people would schedule such a thing to announce a new coach, a new bike sponsor, hell anything?

Then you dont know how marketing works

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
Guys, it's so obvious!

Lionel drops Freshii and picks up Pizza Hut. Will have pizza served on the pro "fluids" table at all major events.

The most annoying thing is when someone responds to your post as a general comment to the original post because they don't now how threading works.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Darren325 wrote:
Guys, it's so obvious!

Lionel drops Freshii and picks up Pizza Hut. Will have pizza served on the pro "fluids" table at all major events.

The most annoying thing is when someone responds to your post as a general comment to the original post because they don't now how threading works.

It's not the user's fault, it's slowtwitch's fault. The usability of this message board is completely broken. It should either enforce a flat view for everybody, or a threaded view for everybody.
Last edited by: nchristi: Nov 15, 18 12:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nchristi wrote:

The poem was actually quite good. Thanks for sharing :^)

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hes started eating meat again?
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
nchristi wrote:

The poem was actually quite good. Thanks for sharing :^)

-Eric

He's been outed for having a scat fetish....-PINK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nchristi wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Darren325 wrote:
Guys, it's so obvious!

It's not the user's fault, it's slowtwitch's fault. The usability of this message board is completely broken. It should either enforce a flat view for everybody, or a threaded view for everybody.

I can get a threaded view?

Another annoyance is the search box. When you first search isn't good, and you want to search again, but the knowledgebase search box is accidently used because it's where you expect the search box to be. Grrr...
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
nchristi wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Darren325 wrote:
Guys, it's so obvious!

I can get a threaded view?
Looks like the option was removed, probably when they revamped the forum a few years ago.

So what this forum needs now is something to add a message, without replying to someone in particular.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [Kaniman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kaniman wrote:
He would be the perfect breakaway partner with Thomas De Gendt!

This summer I watched some of the TdF stage highlights with my 2-year old grandson. I would point out Thomas De Gendt in the breakaway and then ask him "Is he going to win?" and my grandson would always respond "Noooooo!". Smart little kid...
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he signs with A2 Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahah

or, HE IS GOING TO GET COACHED BY BARRY.
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see you changed it to 10am Eastern; I appreciate that, now I can watch it while I eat breakfast after my morning swim session :D
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My coffee should still be warm šŸ‘
ā˜•ļø
Quote Reply
Re: 11.16 Lionel's News [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
hes started eating meat again?

Not if he wants to catch Lange and Frodo with their carb heavy veg diets.

https://edition.cnn.com/...42eiTzjV6WiXcHi8-szQ
Quote Reply

Prev Next