Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

11-27 casette
Quote | Reply
I do not know if it was posted already but I just read Dan's article on the same subject and I would like to report that I made an 11-27 10sp casette to run with my compact cranks. I used a Dura Ace 11-23 matched to a Ultegra 12-27 (both 10sp) and it works beautifully, no problems shifting. It gives me 11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-24-27.
Quote Reply
Re: 11-27 casette [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you use a long cage or short cage rear derailleur?

"It's not how far you go, it's how go you far"
Quote Reply
Re: 11-27 casette [ChiBri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point I forgot about that, I use the regular DA 10 sp derailleur, short cage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a FSA SL-K COMPACT MEGAEXO. The LBS installed it and I am having problems with the shifting. It is a 50/34 and the 34: 12 13 14 15 16 gears scrape the derailer. I could understand the 34/12 and 34/13 scraping but the others seem like too much. I have the limits screws set in their optimal position to give me the 34/25 without any scraping. In addition switching from the small to big ring requires me to let up on all pressure to the crank arm itself. It will shift on the work stand but not when I am actually pedaling on the road. Anything special that needs to be done to get the shifting to work. (I am using a 12/25 rear cassette) Thanks for the help.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was surprised by Slowman's comments regarding the 11-27. I have had no problems running an 11-12-13-15-17-19-21-24-27 9 speed cassette which I made from a 12-27 by adding an 11 and tossing the 14 cog. I have no problems shifting up or down and I am using a short cage Dura Ace rear derailler.

Do you think taking out the 14 cog instead or the 13 would make such a difference???
Quote Reply
Re: 11-27 casette [wowkster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I just picked up a FSA SL-K COMPACT MEGAEXO. The LBS installed it and I am having problems with the shifting. It is a 50/34 and the 34: 12 13 14 15 16 gears scrape the derailer. I could understand the 34/12 and 34/13 scraping but the others seem like too much. I have the limits screws set in their optimal position to give me the 34/25 without any scraping. In addition switching from the small to big ring requires me to let up on all pressure to the crank arm itself. It will shift on the work stand but not when I am actually pedaling on the road. Anything special that needs to be done to get the shifting to work. (I am using a 12/25 rear cassette) Thanks for the help.

Matt
That is strange because I have the regular DA front derailleur and have no such problems. Have you tried any of the Front derr. made for compact cranks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those unaware, there are at least two commercial sources of 11-27 (and even wider) cassettes. Harris Cyclery sells a wide variety of custom cassettes (http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/k7.html) which I think are pieced together from Shimano parts. Supposedly, he's taken the ramping into account so that the shifts should be okay. Also, Interloc Racing is now selling 11-27 and 11-28 (9- and 10-speed) cassettes (http://www.interlocracing.com/cassettes_steel.html).
Quote Reply