Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

10 speed swap benefits
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm currently grouping all the components to switch from SORA 8spd to a 10spd mix. The question is how will this help me other than giving me a couple of extra gears to play with? Would the swap translate into a better bike split or am I just wasting some money I could use on some more aereo issues?

http://www.easyendurance.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: 10 speed swap benefits [Tri@PUR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends. It might help if you are riding on hills. If not, aero is the way to go until the Sora crap out. Then, swap them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chucksbikes.com had a good deal on 10 speed 105
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doubtful you'll be significantly faster. The extra gears can benefit you, if for instance, you ride 12/25 or 12/27 cassette, then the two gears in the middle will help you find pedal in your sweet spot cadence more efficiently. However, if you're riding a road bike, bank you money and save up for tri bike.

I have an old J-disk (spoked wheel covered with mylar cover) with an eight speed freewheel. I still use it on hilly courses as it is light, and I don't think for a moment about loosing two gears.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply