Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order
Quote | Reply
we have launched our arm cup. This part is also a part of our CSR+ which we are working to finalize the expander plug from slipping) and also will be part of our ecosystem of aero extensions and hardware

The Cups are not replacement our current CSR but a little different with an updated shape.

Product will arrive mid December with shipping soon after.

Details as follows (Pics at the bottom)

Carbon composite construction
Carbon Composite Speed Rest CCSR (
Retail with local post shipping(free shipping, upcharge for FedEX) 125 USD retail
Pre Order 100 USD
https://culpritbicycles.com/...ite-speed-rests-ccsr
-Huge bolt range(the most adjustment on the market)
- Fits Most bikes (M4, M5, M6 bolt compatible)
- 210 mm Long, 116 mm wide
- dedicated left/right cup with High outer side 52 mm and low inside 36 mm
- Multi Layered foam for added comfort. Drainage holes in foam to prevent sweat build up.
Carbon Composite Speed Rest UCI CCSR UCI
Retail with local post shipping(free shipping, upcharge for FedEX) 100 USD retail
Pre Order 85 USD
https://culpritbicycles.com/...s-uci-legal-ccsr-uci
- Carbon composite construction
-Huge bolt range(the most adjustment on the market)
- Fits Most bikes (M4, M5, M6 bolt compatible)
- 124 mm Long, 116 mm wide
- dedicated left/right cup with High outer side 52 mm and low inside 36 mm
- Multi Layered foam for added comfort. Drainage holes in foam to prevent sweat build up.
After a long wait,
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Nov 23, 23 5:08
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And we had some of the first small badge and boy, these are good! At this price they are steal!!

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for vote of confidence

Sale on through Monday
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just ordered mine. Thanks again for running this sale!

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [Jkgoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Received. Thanks for believing in us

as soon as they arrive will spend a day packing them to ship out. I hope all parts arrive in my hands by Dec 15th. Then 1-2 days to pack and ship out all the orders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in these but not sure how much it will help me narrow my elbow position. Perhaps you could advise if these will work with my current set up and if it will provide me a much narrower position. Unfortunately I think ultimately I need to buy new arm rest brackets as well to get the full flexibility I want.

I am currently using the profile design J2 bracket and F19 armrests. See pictures in this article: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...r_Aerobars_6799.html

Appreciate your guidance!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [retrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am about to change pricing back to normal so I will wait a few hours. Regarding fit. Yes, my cups will allow you to move closer, your F19 I believe have 2 bolt holes down the middle. Mine has 4. so that will give you more inward position as well as the extra support and surface area.

I would suggest buying the CCSR first and trying that and as a last resort look at new hardware. However, these are clip ons so you can position as close to the stem as possible and my pad should make it so you can have them nearly touching.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for quick reply Joshua. I will order in the next few hours at lunch. (*now done)

I have tried moving the brackets as close to the stem before but the poles were too close together for me. But I'll play around with it again.
Last edited by: retrying: Nov 28, 23 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [retrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ergonomics of these looks to be pretty well sorted (and make complete sense) but I have to question the performance value of having a huge flat face on the underside of (what is likely) an angled armrest. That would likely be a huge aerodynamic mistake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since these will be cheaper than the current CSR, does that mean that these new armcups are a bit "less premium"?

I have the current on my P3X and ordered the new ones for my Kickr bike. Just curious what the differences are.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [RichardA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Different material is big reason . After being more established in this space we committed to injection molds which cost alot more than carbon with bigger moq. But this offered us to improve the shape to higher sides and offer more uniform bolt pattern and other features.

In my own expectation I expect csr sales to drop and ccsr to sell more, so Then I will create a cup closed back that couid be used on my csr+ or stand alone short cup. Carbon csr is definitely stronger of the 2 but the ccsr is definitely strong enough

Hope that makes sense. Pm me after riding both models with feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, is there any update on the receipt and shipping for the long arm cups?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry,
My foam supplier had unforeseen delays and didn't give a confirmed delivery date.

However, I just got the foam and velcro today so we have all parts to pack and ship out starting tomorrow.

I will email each customer once we ship out their order

Thank you for your patience.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Sorry,
My foam supplier had unforeseen delays and didn't give a confirmed delivery date.

However, I just got the foam and velcro today so we have all parts to pack and ship out starting tomorrow.

I will email each customer once we ship out their order

Thank you for your patience.

Joshua

No worries; thanks for the update,
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

First 20 sets
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Dec 19, 23 7:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All ccsr orders are in the mail.

If you chose local post, you should have recieved an email with a tracking number. That number can be tracked using your local post
ie. usa USPS, other countries your local post

OR try this website and use the tracking number sent to you

https://postal.ninja/en

any personal tracking requests I can help just email me at Joshua@culpritbicycles.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Received my arm cups a couple days ago. Haven't ridden them yet but here are a few photos in case anyone is curious. They're very sturdy - absolutely zero flex ....anywhere. Only slight issue I encountered was mating them to my TriRig basebar - there were few options where the holes lined up. I imagine this depends on your base bar. Here are a few photos.....one of them showing size comparison to the TriRig pad size.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received mine in the mail yesterday. Fitting them on my Canyon Speedmax was easy lots of flexibility with the sizing holes. I hope to get out and ride it this afternoon as long as it does not snow.
Last edited by: ClarkieCanada: Jan 5, 24 6:54
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [ClarkieCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkieCanada wrote:
I received mine in the mail yesterday. Fitting them on my Canyon Speedmax was easy lots of flexibility with the sizing holes. I hope to get out and ride it this afternoon as long as it does not snow.

I am happy the ST buyers are receiving them and posting about it here. Keep me posted on how they feel upon riding.

The best way to get the foam to curve to the cups is to start at the front and then bend the back and attach it while bending the curvature to match the cups.

Cheers

Joshua
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Jan 5, 24 7:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine too.
Fit and feel nice. Couple questions.

Are you open to thicker foam or giving your template to the cee gees guys so they can make a thicker one?
If the hook side of the velcro starts to peel off, usually you can just press it back down and it's good. Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to use super glue on the backside with this composite material (sometimes superglue and certain plastics is a no-no)?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback

regarding foam. is it for thicker for comfort or to make the cups not as wide? we have a solution we are working on to add to the cup sides to make it narrower.

I worked with ceegee originally for our csr+ foam but in the end, the shipping, cost to buy bulk from USA and ship to Taiwan added too much cost so we found a local supplier to make for us. So, yes, I am willing to send Ceegee the files to make a thicker version to sell aftermarket.

I will ask my supplier about super glue as well as try it, but then your velcro won't ever come off easily? One of the design challenges has been the fact that to save weight and help avoid issues from shrinkage we cut material out of the design from the inside to NOT disrupt airflow, this makes it a little more challenging for the velcro to stick as there are gaps in where it is applied, that is both in front of the bolt pattern as it thins out towards the front as well as the bottom portion where the cups side walls start to bend outward. We made 3 versions of velcro and are working with the biggest/best supplier in Taiwan who spent weeks making a glue/resin for us to work better. So I hope it does the job well. From our testing it has been working well but only time will tell.

Do give it a go with the current foam, we went through 3 different versions of foam thicknesses/materials, etc to reach this final version. I did find the ceegee 10 mm was too soft in the end and the sharp edges on the bolt pattern could be felt when you pressed hard on them with your elbow, etc... so this foam resolves that.

Cheers

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I presume these will fit the new speed concept?
Do you shipp to australia?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 100 USD (pre sell) New Culprit Long and short armcups release and Black Friday pre order [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes

Bolt pattern can fit trek

And yes we ship to Australia.

You can order now on our site and we will ship out Monday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just received my long armcups. Very nice quality overall. The foam is thick and very comfortable. As mentioned before, the tririg base bar doesn't match up with a lot of the holes on the cups, so there is variation in mounting. But you can get them pretty close to wherever your preferred position would be. Because the cups are longer and softer than most stock cups, you can have them one bolt width off of your prior mounting position and they still provide the same position.

I highly recommend people look into these for increased comfort in their TT position.
Quote Reply

Prev Next