Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

100/100 what I have learned...
Quote | Reply
In doing the 100/100 challenge [actually has ended up being 108/87 so far] I have learned that doing lots of short runs has not hurt my ability to run long or hard. Last year I did roughly the same mileage on a lot fewer longer runs. Feeling just as if not more fit. Further, and most surprising to me it has seemed to help rather than hurt my bike fitness. From the end of outside riding in Oct through the end of January I spent almost no time on the trainer and the only biking I did was spin classes a couple times a week that I usually ran to and from. When I started training in ernest earlier this month, I was surprised to find that I was stronger on the bike [as measured by being able to hold longer, harder trainer intervals] than I ever have been. Also found that I ended up swimming more as running to and from the pool was an excellent way to knock out 2 runs. Thanks Dev!

Also finding that it is really an adjustment to STOP running every day. My training plan has 4/5 runs per week and I now am feeling fresh for every run. Seems to have worked out great thus far.

Anyone having a similar experience?
Quote Reply