Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

// it doesn't get any better than this [HED. shout out] ..
Quote | Reply
.. I was prepared to buy a new rear wheel .. it was close to get worn out the following year [in 1000hours] .. the black brake track was already blank .. than a spoke hole seat got a crack .. I rode that wheel about 2000hours [a healing femur fracture in between] .. it took some minutes only to send pictures in and asking for a new rim offer .. they answered it's a warranty case and their european distributer will take care of it .. there is a five year warranty with all HED. wheels .. there is no milage limitation .. they checked it and offered me a completely new rear wheel .. last week he was able to send it from Barcelona, Espana to Heidelberg, Germany .. now the new Jet6 Black rear wheel is installed together with a super lubed new drive train .. rock'n roll on the street .. [my winter wheel set will have it's summer rest now] .. this I write because of the fun riding #hedeverywhere [in the beautiful Odenwald & Pfälzer Wald & Black Forrest] .. thanks a lot all of them !!

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: // it doesn't get any better than this [HED. shout out] .. [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, but not surprising that HED took care of you. It’s nice when a company stands behind their products.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: // it doesn't get any better than this [HED. shout out] .. [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the write up. I have been eyeing a new set of wheels, and HED is one of the top brands I have been looking at. My current wheels have been great, are about 3 years old but don't seem to be braking as well as before even after changing brake pads a couple of months ago. If I can't get that sorted soon then they will be going up on Craigslist after I get a new set.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a great experience with them too. Hit something on the road, sounded like a gunshot, rapid deflation, going downhill.

Coasted to safety, no crash, asked for price on any sort of repair, and basically told me they'd give me crash replacement pricing, cheaper than the cost to re-lace a new rim ( I learned rims like that are non repairable, seems obvious now, haha )

Great company.
Quote Reply
Re: // it doesn't get any better than this [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. yes .. and with their communication with their costumers they show that they stand behind them, too .. feels really good !!

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one who has had a bad experience with HED? Had a Jet 6 rim bend from a tiny rock on the road. Customer service offered me nothing. Bought a replacement out of pocket because I thought, “What are the odds this happens twice. This seems like a freak thing.” 6 months later, bump in the road while traveling 50mph, exact same thing.

After they initially brushed it off; they offered me 25% off my next wheel. I said that wasn’t good enough, they blocked my email and then blocked my Instagram.

Wouldn’t touch HED wheels again if they were free.
(Have used Zipp, Bontrager and ENVE wheels for thousands of miles and never had an issue)
Quote Reply
Re: // it doesn't get any better than this [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a string of bad luck BG. I'm not being facetious here, but is hitting a rock at 50mph a warranty issue? I am often wrong, and could be here as well, but I think any similar style rim would have been damaged, and probably not warrantied by the manufacturer. If a manufacturer does warranty that then I'd definitely like to know who it is because that would certainly come into play in my next wheel selection.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. in the Black Forrest there are really fast and technical down hills on some bad roads [with the light & shade switches not everything can be seen in advance] .. there I got some annoying tire flats with hard bumps [riding with fast groups till then] but never had even to true the Jet6s ore Blacks .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what your complaint is. Can you clarify?

Are you saying the wheels are unusually prone to damage or that HED are responsible for any damage you cause to your wheels?
If it's the former, I've never heard that before and 2 occurrences in 6 months is hardly damning evidence. More like bad luck, or an issue with your tyre & pressure choice.
If it's the later, that's ridiculous. Some companies do subsidise crash replacements, but they have no legal, or moral obligation to do so. It's a marketing strategy. I actually dislike that strategy because it means the price I pay for a product includes a levy for previous customers' misfortunes. It's essentially cycling equipment sold with an insurance policy that I'd opt out of.
Quote Reply
Re: // it doesn't get any better than this [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

// prepared for a day in the beautiful Odenwald forrest .. oSo >>

#speedisnomystery #withstandardrimbrakes #eatalotandirdealot #cakefairydelivery

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply