Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

.2409 from HM - ARGHHHH!
Quote | Reply
Did anybody else get oh-so-close? I was 61/592 for 55-59, 78.2452. The 59th guy was 78.4861. (The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat!) Needless to say, I've been agonizing over what I could've/should've done differently. Foremost is Eagleman, where I got nabbed for a four-minute drafting penalty. This really proved to be a double-whammy, as it was at a time in which I was just sitting back on the bike, kind of zoning out for a few minutes. So not only wasn't I pushing hard at that point, but I also got the penalty. That dropped me from 5:09 to 5:13, and I think the .2409 difference is right there. Batshit.

Beyond this, I had 7 sanctioned races - 3 sprints, 2 olys, 2 1/2s, and an iron. I'm pleased that both of the 1/2s were part of the ranked races, along with one of the sprints, and that at all four distances I did quite well. But still, it's time to re-think how I schedule races -- if I am to really care about the rankings, that is. I don't mean to go the super-sprint route -- I love the longer distances too much -- but rather allowing sufficient rest between races. Doing Timberman 4 weeks after IMLP was not smart, although I did it in 5:30 and it was one of my ranked races. Much food for thought, at any rate...........and LOTS of incentive for working hard in this off-season!!
Quote Reply
Re: .2409 from HM - ARGHHHH! [hog's back] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain. I missed by .58 in the highly competitive M30-34. I was 279 out 2400+. I'm not upset because overall it was a huge improvement over last year and this was only my second year doing tris. Three years ago I was your typical, 30+ lbs overweight businessman that couldn't even run one mile. Look at it as incentive to train harder this winter and shoot for AA next year instead of HM! Good luck!

Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply