Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
*Spoiler* Regarding Tyler
Quote | Reply
I didn't know his back was bothering him that bad. What a terrible tour...he loses he best friend and has to withdraw.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [zonie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah you should probably check other spoiler threads before making this one.

and how come you're only posting this now? he got off his bike like 4 hours ago.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well mate, I'm making an observation regarding Tyler. My observation was that I didn't hear Tyler complain a whole lot about his back. The other observation I was making, which has been made before, is that it has been a terrible week for him and his wife. Even worse now, he is done.

It says *Spoiler*Regarding Tyler.

It does not say HEY GUYS, TYLER HAS PULLED OUT. It is a Spoiler, and it regards Tyler. WTF.
Last edited by: zonie: Jul 17, 04 9:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think maybe he meant that there is another thread disussing Tyler's abandon?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could be right. But being the supreme type A personality tri geek that I am, I will assume that you are wrong and I am right.

...but it's a dry heat...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate your information because i am watching the race right now as i wake up on this saturday morning. I saw that tyler had dropped out and wanted to know about that and nothing else. So screw everyone else. By the way, it's not that dry of a heat this week in AZ is it?
i hate it right now, crazy hot and crazy humid! good luck training this weekend and stay safe!

David J

david
asc-arizona state cycling
tribemultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He had some pretty nasty bruises on his back, it's such a shame.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [deetsay00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, it's not dry, but I have to say it feels so good to go on a long run and return just sopping wet from sweat. For those who don't train in AZ, sometimes it is a bit discuraging when you go for a long run and return completely dry. It feels like you didn't go hard enough.

Now I step outside to get the mail and I'm sweating bullets.

It's a shame what happened to Tyler. He will be a great contender for years to come. I hope he has a new puppy waiting for him once he returns back to the states.

Going to Cactus for a swim.

-Zonie

...but it's a dry heat...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Sissy Frass Tyler. It is funny that Tyler Hamilton made the cover of all these magazines with Titles such as "King of Pain" then he drops out. That is what separates the winners, from Tyler and everyone else. Yeah his back may be hurting, but that is racing. Wasn't Lance not in great shape last year with back pain? Tyler's team devoted the season to getting him ready for the Tour and he decides to drop out.
Tyler whines, my dog is dead, my legs are toast, my back hurts. Get over it and race hard! Man these American wimps, at least Mayo got back on his bike. It is always easy to race hard when the light is on and you are doing great. But when he lost a lot of time in Stage 12, he showed his wishy washy heart.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [fireluv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YOu would have a point if he wouldn't have raced all last year with a broken collar bone. Since you are in the know what exactly is wrong with his back?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know fireluv, either you're trolling or you're a total dipshit.

Tyler really doesn't have anything to prove to anybody about riding through pain. If the back injury he suffered is bad enough that it's worse than his collarbone, it must be UNBELIEVABLY painful.

You might also note that his team director suggested (yesterday) that he consider abandoning if the pain continued (or, at least this is what Tyler said when interviewed as he abandoned.)

Hey - I've got an idea. Come on over to my place tomorrow. I'll knock you off your bike, then a buddy and I will jump up and down on your back for, say, 30 seconds. Then we can go riding.

When you get dropped, we will be sure to talk shit about you for a while.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  Who cares what is wrong with his back. If he could race yesterday, he can race today! Racing is hard, it hurts, get over it and race.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  I am glad that you are taking this personal you idiot. You attack me personally because I of my opinion. Hey you can be a Tyler lover all you want. I never said he was not a good athlete. But last year he stayed in the race when he was high in the Overall with a broken collarbone. This year he drops out after getting tremendously dropped. Do not flame me or get personal when the actions speak for themselves.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for settling things. You're definately a dipshit.

:0)

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fireluv, I think you are completely missing the point with Tyler. He's finished the tour 7 seven times. He came to win or at least podium. His backs hurts, unlike a collarbone fracture, it prevents him from pushing the pedals going uphill. At that point he has no chance of winning, getting on the podium, getting top 10, or even helping his teammates, so what's the point of continuing? He has nothing to prove by continuing, but backs being what they are he could certainly do some long term damage and end his career while finishing 100th.

Last year he continued because even though it hurt he stayed in the hunt. You know as well as I, that if he had gotten dropped badly last year he would have pulled out. Why suffer (beyond normal Tour suffering) for nothing? Lane had back pain last year, but he stayed in the hunt. He too, if he'd been dropped, would have pulled out. That's what you do when you are there to win and winning is no longer an option.

The man has demonstrated he has a high pain tolerance, so it should be obvious to you, that if the pain is too much to continue than it must be pretty damn bad.

As for Mayo... Two big differences. First his manager told him to keep riding, where as Tyler's told him to stop. 2nd, Mayo still might have a remote chance of winning the uphill TT. Tyler's chances of winning anything this year are zero.

Finally, given his performance so early in the stage, he probably didn't even have a realistic chance of making the elimination time. It was inevitable, he would not continue, he could not continue, but he didn't give up without at least trying.

Give the man some credit. He deserves nothing but admiration in my book.

Now we can all turn our attention to Voeckler as this years man with courage.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [Justin on LI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plus his dog died, and that's like losing a kid (considering how close they were, and that Tyler and Haven don't have any kids).

still, it is a bit unlike Tyler. last year, I was hoping he's quit and have a go at the Vuelta. I hope he takes his shot this year.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those who think you're a wimp for being a mess when your dog dies just don't have dogs...can't understand...

fireluv will get jackass of the week instead of larry I guess...
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that moton! Nothing like kicking someone when their down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just to clarify, while I do not have a pet now, I once had a cat when I was a kid and we were pretty tight. I full understand that anyone - even Tyler - would be crushed by losing a pet. they are members of the family. Tugboat was, effectively, Tyler's and Haven't only kid.

a very good friend adopted an autistic cat. I'm serious. that cat gets along with no one except perhaps the dog, and my friend loves him anyway (not to mention the dog).
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Oh please, loosing a dog is like loosing a kid? Jeez, get over yourself, spoken like someone who does not have kids. Ask someone who looses a kid in 10 years if they are over it. But a dog? Sheesh, its a friggen animal for crissake.

Boy, I tri hard...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>those who think you're a wimp for being a mess when your dog dies just don't have dogs...can't understand...<<

You are right. I don't get it. It's just a dog. OK, Slowman will probably ban me for that. We had dogs growing up. Horses too. A horse I understand. ;-)

clm, never a Tyler fan in the first place, but especially after he took the $$ and ran from CSC

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not a tyler fan either but i must point on, at the base level, he's a professional athelete. that's what they do, take the $$$ and run. heras did it too.

just curious, if cervelo was not the bike sponsor of csc would you feel any differently?
Last edited by: bryanjaf: Jul 17, 04 18:19
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when he crashed, his back fell directly onto a pedal.

only he knows how bad it is. it's difficult for anyone on a forum to know exactly how tough he is, or what exactly his motives are... but this guy ground his teeth down to nubs during a race... that is extreme.

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day - Homer Simpson
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [pooky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, first off, Tyler does not have kids.

second, one might imply that you've never had a dog or a cat as a companion, and not as just a pet. they love us. often, they can love us better than we can love others, because they don't ask questions of worth. often, they love us more than we love them.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoiler* Regarding Tyler [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>he's a professional athelete.<<

And therefore, should have finished the stage today. IMO

Money v. a better situation (better team/director) -- he left one of the top 2 DS's and a very good team to go to a no-name team. I think he'd have done a lot better under Riis.

And no, Cevelo has nothing to do with my like of CSC (though it's a plus). Bjarne Riis does though.

clm

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next