Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tour de Avenir [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I am familiar

Hilarious :)

Though the real godfather of Total Football was Rinus Michels, the coach of variously, Ajax (where he had Johan Cruijff run the show the way Pep had Messi run the show), Barça, and the Dutch National Team

Also, starting at ~2:30 into the clip, they start playing a song. Name the chord progression used in the song. And for those really into the weeds of footie, what about this chord progression and the mentioning of Arsenal (toward the end of the clip) make the usage of this progression ironic?
Last edited by: echappist: Sep 1, 23 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
OK Remco has a decent sense of humor. He just said, "James Knox is a wanker" with an awful attempt at a British accent. 7/10

The peloton is a having a tough time going slow enough to not catch the break.

I thought he said one-k-er? As in someone who would do well in a kilo race ;)?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Name the chord progression used in the song. And for those really into the weeds of footie, what about this chord progression and the mentioning of Arsenal (toward the end of the clip) make the usage of this progression ironic?

So you're Rick Beato all of a sudden, now? LOL

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea who that is. But that chord progression is quite well-known that even my shyte ears can pick it up.
Last edited by: echappist: Sep 1, 23 8:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That was a great win, happy for the dude - he's been such a solid role player for so long. Always nice to see guys like that get a big win.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, for sure. And that team needs some wins after Sagan’s retirement campaign.

Tomorrow could be a tricky one of Martinez falters, which would make Sepp the likely recipient. Doesn’t seem like any of the true contenders want the jersey just yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Yeah, for sure. And that team needs some wins after Sagan’s retirement campaign.

Tomorrow could be a tricky one of Martinez falters, which would make Sepp the likely recipient. Doesn’t seem like any of the true contenders want the jersey just yet.

The Valencians better lock up their wine cellars if Sipp Kuss takes the maillot rojo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is Contador still racing? he'd like the breakaway potential of tomorrow's up n' down. formigal (though Nairo benefited the most from that) and fuente de....
is there a team ready to cause some havoc?
if TJV doesn't have who they want in break - they can prob pull that jimmy back, but is there another team who could? UAE will miss a Jay Vine for depth but if they put Almeida or Ayuso in there - yikes.
I have to think there are dudes who made some gc gains Thurs who want to get ahead of the race (Bahrain) - we'll see.

I suspect UAE and TJV are so strong they can pull all day and make this a final climb throwdown. should be fun to watch.

Jorgenson throwing down on our roads:
https://www.strava.com/activities/9762935511/segments/3132730715284629010

i held that segment before they held this lil local pro race last year. that one ain't coming back. ever. good times!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great seeing Soupe's reaction, more of the unexpected! I'll watch the replay, interested to see the overdone road
"furniture", a term that always gets a laugh out of me. maybe they should hire interior designers to manage. odds on GT starting tomorrow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

The Valencians better lock up their wine cellars if Sipp Kuss takes the maillot rojo.

Solid effort there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More like Chug Kuss.

And: Yes, Soupe for you!
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Sep 1, 23 18:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys are on another level
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
RandMart wrote:
I am familiar

Hilarious :)

Though the real godfather of Total Football was Rinus Michels, the coach of variously, Ajax (where he had Johan Cruijff run the show the way Pep had Messi run the show), Barça, and the Dutch National Team

Also, starting at ~2:30 into the clip, they start playing a song. Name the chord progression used in the song. And for those really into the weeds of footie, what about this chord progression and the mentioning of Arsenal (toward the end of the clip) make the usage of this progression ironic?

We can get really in the weeds...are we discussing the actual harmonic progression and what they represent within the movement of the song or are we talking what musical references these are actually of?
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Sep 1, 23 20:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Sagan v Froome on best retirement ever?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big difference is that Specialized actually likes Sagan.

Psa—Maryland free livestream: https://www.marylandcyclingclassic.us/watch/
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for indulging me, Just references.

But i think you know the answer to both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I didn't realize they were finishing on Xorret. That one is brutally steep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what Remco was doing on the last 3K there, not that the time bonus is a huge deal. Maybe just trying to prevent any attacks...
Last edited by: trail: Sep 2, 23 8:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has the tendency to go full-tilt and over-react, and I think this was one of those episodes. Probably thinking, "you haters think I'm done? I'll show you."

Whereas the likes of Roglic just roll with the punches and then do things in a more calculated manner. If one's competitor is all too happy to lead one out and concede a 4-second advantage, well, who's to look that gift horse in the mouth?
Last edited by: echappist: Sep 2, 23 8:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overall, I thought he was pretty solid. Isolated between a Jumbo and a UAE pitchfork, and don't forget meMas, he played it calm.

He knew enough to just sit tight and ride back to Sepp. Ayuso looked good, but on his limit. If he pulls off, then he has to decide to cover the left haymaker or right haymaker from JV. I think the loss in 4 seconds is nothing with ITT on horizon, and worth it to not show any chink in the armor.

Fun to have Sepp in Red!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJV pulled A LOT today. was that necessary?
tomorrow could be a long day of controlling too. nice one for sepp, but i hope Vinge and Rog realize Remco is going to give them all they can handle if they don't keep attacking him when they get a chance.
at least Sepp threw in an attack. bonus sprints tomorrow and stage finish could be hotly contested.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Avenir [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remco looks really good, totally composed and in control. No surprise with Roglic winning in that situation. Ayuso was also impressive again.

Another huge day for Kuss, back to his domestique role but getting the big prize nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
He has the tendency to go full-tilt and over-react, and I think this was one of those episodes. Probably thinking, "you haters think I'm done? I'll show you."

Whereas the likes of Roglic just roll with the punches and then do things in a more calculated manner. If one's competitor is all too happy to lead one out and concede a 4-second advantage, well, who's to look that gift horse in the mouth?

Remco said that he didn’t know that they were sprinting for the win as he couldn’t hear his radio over the crowd noise and didn’t know that all of the riders from the break had come back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next