Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with a VPN + GCN you get absolutely everything you want to watch. it's freakin cheap too.

cock-up before conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Dang, Powpow got *rolled* by a French kid in France. Kid did a great job of letting Powless be "the strongest guy in the break." Until it mattered.

To be fair, Geniets was quite the punk in the group and certainly contributed to Powless getting rolled.

And with GC up for grabs, Powless also can't just risk pissing away the time gap and dare Geniets to do work.

Based on Geniets' behavior, one would have thought he has some notable wins, but his only wins appear to be in the Luxembourg National Championship. All talk and no walk...

This stage race does look fun, though. Sort of a mini Paris-Nice.

PS. Thanks for bringing this race to our attention. With so many "pre-season" races, it's hard to decide which to watch. I think I'll actually spectate (helped by the fact it's Big Mags and Jose Bean commentating, as opposed to Carlton Kirby or McCrossan).
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 17, 23 13:03
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, totally agree, and absolutely true that Powless almost certainly has ambition beyond the stage win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Algarve providing another great day of racing. If you're going to watch, tune in at about 27km, before the intermediate sprint. And watch to the end. IMO one of the best days of racing in recent memory.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Algarve providing another great day of racing. If you're going to watch, tune in at about 27km, before the intermediate sprint. And watch to the end. IMO one of the best days of racing in recent memory.

I think racing is going to be good this year, if it's already like this in February.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Magnum’s talisman suits Cort nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

That was great, thanks for pointing it out, just watched the last 30k

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All hail Magnus. He's got some pop. Crazy.

And Ganna? Sick. Pidcock was a pilot fish.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. What a way to end work week.

That was a monster effort AFTER hanging with Ganna and Foss, and didn't shirk a pull.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Varken

Quote:
"I certainly and firmly believe in the potential of women's cycling, certainly don't get me wrong, only at the moment it is artificially pushed. Take, for example, the minimum wage: in the WorldTour, it's €60,000 on an annual basis, the same amount as the men's. That's not OK," Lefevere told Krant van West-Vlaanderen.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...by-minimum-salaries/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Yup. What a way to end work week.

That was a monster effort AFTER hanging with Ganna and Foss, and didn't shirk a pull.

There's nothing I like better than watching a fully-committed break where everyone works together and leaves everything out on the road. No games, no bullshit, 100% effort all the way. Pidcock was the only one who skipped a couple of pulls, but it was totally understandable for a 120-pounder in a break with the big boys on flat roads with a tailwind. Great stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck pulling back a break with 2 world TT champs, not every day you see that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
La Ruta finales have been awesome; maybe not so fun for the legs but certainly for thrilling finishes.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ruta del Sol's been fun (to watch). Shaping up for an intriguing finale in Algarve: Lumpy 25k TT; Piddles leads w/ Almeida @ 7s, Ganna and Foss @ 30s. Top Ganna for the GC win?

1 week til the 'Loop!
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Almeida can ride a good TT, definitely not a lock for Pidcock. And yeah, I wouldn’t want to be thinking about Ganna and Foss in striking distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get psyched lads. Spring is here, my form is shyte, but cobbled classics returns.

Also, course map for the 2023 edition of De Ronde is out. No Muur de Geraardsbergen this year, but the finishing 70 kms remain mostly the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Varken

Quote:
"I certainly and firmly believe in the potential of women's cycling, certainly don't get me wrong, only at the moment it is artificially pushed. Take, for example, the minimum wage: in the WorldTour, it's €60,000 on an annual basis, the same amount as the men's. That's not OK," Lefevere told Krant van West-Vlaanderen.

It has been <0> days since Lefevere bloviated offensively on some topic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Ruta del Sol's been fun (to watch). Shaping up for an intriguing finale in Algarve: Lumpy 25k TT; Piddles leads w/ Almeida @ 7s, Ganna and Foss @ 30s. Top Ganna for the GC win?

1 week til the 'Loop!

Would love to see Ganna do it. He's much improved his pack riding and more than climbs for a big boy. He may be pretty spent though. That's a lot of early season ballin'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He could be a terror on the cobbles. Not sure he’s explosive enough when the hitters go at De Ronde, and attempting to ride back to a motivated group like Wout, MvdP and Pogacar is a tall order. But sure wouldn’t bet against him for Roubaix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was thought that the buffoon native to Belgium had died off. But rumors of the species’ demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn’t see that one coming. Seems like it’s time for Martinez to get a leadership role.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Didn’t see that one coming. Seems like it’s time for Martinez to get a leadership role.

Indeed. He's so selfless and such a great teammate. It's nice to see him notch a solid win.

Meanwhile Pidcock fails in his attempt to introduce the tail whip to time trials.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

I think it's overdue. He was one of three but it might make sense to give him a sole leadership position.

It is always impressive to me how a guy like Martinez or Remco who are about 5'8" and 135 lbs can TT faster than most guys who are 160 lbs. I guess they really challenge the good ol "you are too small to TT well"
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS** Bike Racing Thread, 2023 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those two guys break the mold in many ways.

With how good Martinez looked when he shepherded Bernal—and looked stronger at points—plus his ITT, he could be a GC leader on almost any other team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Varken

Quote:

the old, "I'm not a sexist, BUT . . ." argument.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next