Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All sorts of abandons at the Criterium. Yates, and Kruiswijk out (illness).

But we got an American in the break (Kuss) and one in the GC hunt (Tejay).
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That new micro dosed EPO test is causing puckers across the peloton.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy for TJ. A good TT and things went his way for a change. This will be one of the highlights of his career.

Same for TdeF. Let Woods be the man and TJ the backup plan.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great ride for Kuss.

Sagan looked good in sprint today.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:

I think Uran is the man, but it'd probably be good to keep Woods and TJ in the game since all three of Uran, Tejay, and Woods are susceptible to really bad days. (unlike Ineos).

Edit: Not counting crashing, since clearly Froome and Bernal have had really bad days this year.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 16, 19 9:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
IT wrote:

I think Uran is the man, but it'd probably be good to keep Woods and TJ in the game since all three of Uran, Tejay, and Woods are susceptible to really bad days. (unlike Ineos).

Edit: Not counting crashing, since clearly Froome and Bernal have had really bad days this year.

Yes forgot about Uran. Right again trail.

Just noticed this race - tomorrow. Some names we know.

https://www.velonews.com/...-for-climbers_495151

Weather seems to OK too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah Woods will be backup plan, he’s a better one-day guy. Let’s hope Riggo can find that podium form from a couple years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
trail wrote:
IT wrote:

Yes forgot about Uran. Right again trail.

Weather seems to OK too.

My dough is on JOE.

As an aside, years ago he was back from his first Giro and went out for a casual ride up Thornton Gap in the Blue Ridge just west of here and ending up putting up some big numbers, out of the blue. Came back to town and told me his numbers which were freaky. He was surprised at the bump. Timing is about the same now and he lives in Nice, totally solid and happy and relaxed and Ventoux has the length and grades that suit him. Hope he crushes it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peter MF'N Sagan is looking ace for another run at the green.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vintage Sagan today, made it look like child’s play. Fighting for position, moving up as only he can, nobody even close in sprint. Appears that he’s back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know how he rides a bike with balls that big ;)
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was eye of the tiger / "cannot be stopped, can only hope to contain him" kind of riding today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just watched it and it was a thing of beauty
time training at "altitude" in PC paying off ? or was it the relaxation ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

I didn't year anything being wrong with Yates, but I can understand why he or his team director would pull the plug on him even if he was fine. Given the weather they road through on Saturday, and with basically the entire Astana team still there for Fuglsang on the last climb (that was not steep enough), he was basically just going to defend second when he could be letting his immune system strengthen up. Had the last stage been blown apart going into the final 30 km, then maybe Yates stays in and tries to win. Bigger focus is the TdF.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
trail wrote:

I didn't year anything being wrong with Yates, but I can understand why he or his team director would pull the plug on him even if he was fine. Given the weather they road through on Saturday, and with basically the entire Astana team still there for Fuglsang on the last climb (that was not steep enough), he was basically just going to defend second when he could be letting his immune system strengthen up. Had the last stage been blown apart going into the final 30 km, then maybe Yates stays in and tries to win. Bigger focus is the TdF.

http://inrng.com/...du-dauphine-was-won/

See the comments for a reference of 'vaporized cow patties'

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Jason N wrote:
trail wrote:

http://inrng.com/...du-dauphine-was-won/

See the comments for a reference of 'vaporized cow patties'

LOL...we used to do a 24 hour mountain bike race that consisted of 4-5 mile loops through a valley that had cows roaming through. Very common to roll through non-vaporized cow patties that were just unavoidable. If it rained, you better keep your mouth closed and your camelbak hose tucked away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

Weather seems to OK too.

My dough is on JOE.

As an aside, years ago he was back from his first Giro and went out for a casual ride up Thornton Gap in the Blue Ridge just west of here and ending up putting up some big numbers, out of the blue. Came back to town and told me his numbers which were freaky. He was surprised at the bump. Timing is about the same now and he lives in Nice, totally solid and happy and relaxed and Ventoux has the length and grades that suit him. Hope he crushes it.[/quote]
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...lenges-2019/results/

Joe was in the mix near the end and seems to have blown up. Big name climbers and their teams going all in for this one day race. Bardet did well right after CdeD yesterday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Vintage Sagan today, made it look like child’s play. Fighting for position, moving up as only he can, nobody even close in sprint. Appears that he’s back.

He looks good. Honestly i think he was really close in form all spring, just a few setbacks that kept him from that last 1-2%. It's funny how in sports we are so quick to assume they are on the decline.

On a side note i was thinking the other day. Assume MVDP ends up winning MTB worlds one year, road worlds, and also the Gold medal MTB. Could he be considered the greatest cyclist of all time without ever riding a grand tour?
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
i was thinking the other day. Assume MVDP ends up winning MTB worlds one year, road worlds, and also the Gold medal MTB. Could he be considered the greatest cyclist of all time without ever riding a grand tour?

No. He'd need some palmares from the Track

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
Carlton Kirby and Rob Hatch on Eurosport. Great duo. Keenan and Robbie McEwan are pretty good on NBC Gold app too.

They are very good, i also think Sean Kelly is great when he hops on as well. Matt Stephens might be the future for Eurosport, he is really good. Brain smith also comes to mind as a good commentator. Basically, everybody at Eurosport is hands down better than the Phil/Paul combo.

I also think Magnus Backstedt has been doing some commentating if i am not mistaken this season. If it is he who i am thinking about he had a lot of insight.

He certainly has. Perhaps my favorite of the lot. Cogent comments, ability to spot the small details, etc. Personally thinks he's better than Sean "torty" Kelly

Quote:

side note: Sagan looked hungry today, he really pushed hard in the TT and seemed to be motivated. I know it's a small thing but i suspect he is going to have a baller last half of the season.

you mean he slimmed down a bit?

HAHA, ya he looks lean. He looks happy and seems to have that fire after just missing out in the TT and stage 2. Then today he looked motivated. Guys got three wins and another 10 top 5 finishes and somehow we all think he is going downhill.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
i was thinking the other day. Assume MVDP ends up winning MTB worlds one year, road worlds, and also the Gold medal MTB. Could he be considered the greatest cyclist of all time without ever riding a grand tour?

No. He'd need some palmares from the Track

I think his problem is his diversity, if he would only try out a few more disciplines....BMX? Downhill?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.procyclingstats.com/...ivele-challenge/2019

Joe Dombromski finished 16th and scored some UCI points for himself and team. Good result.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t call that a good result against fairly weak field of climbers. He’s capable of a lot more. Cool event though, hope it picks up momentum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Big Sagan fan; yet, he did bump John D off his own teammate's wheel! Sagan must have more body mass and a lower center of gravity to "steer" another rider off the wheel of a teammate like that. So yes; I think Peter got away with one. It's good to see that he has his nerve and fire back along with the pretty podium girls. ;)

Look at video below starting right after the helicopter around :53 seconds and go frame by frame until you see the startled surprise of John D's lead out man discovering that it was Peter on his wheel rather than John D. :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHnKyP9buzA

Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GT hits the deck - Team Ineos snakebite ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next