Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Teunissen was the happiest guy I've ever seen in yellow. Given his role as a lead out guy for Dylan G I'm sure he didn't see it coming. A happy and gracious winner.

Yes, Bobke seemed a bit out of place today, he needs to brush up on his 13th century castles for sure. I also missed him in the analysis role, he and Christian worked well together last year. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it though. Tough job, not as easy as it would seem I'm sure.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teunissen was not really on anyone's radar. But he's had a great year (already won ZLM Tour CC and Dunquerque GC). Jumbo-Visma is going to be really fired up for tomorrow's TTT - they'll want to hold yellow as long as possible.

Another team to be watching tomorrow is EF They've done a fair bit of work on the TTT and their motivation this year seems to be really good, if this video is any indication:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EB1wkkVsbc

I love watching TTTs. Some folks think they're boring; but anyone who has ridden a TTT knows that there is so much subtlety, so much elegance. And it's a knife edge between a team riding well and falling apart. One big ego or someone having a bad day and things can fall apart; but when everyone does their bit and the teamwork comes together the TTT is the most beautiful event in cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
Mike Teunissen was the happiest guy I've ever seen in yellow. Given his role as a lead out guy for Dylan G I'm sure he didn't see it coming. A happy and gracious winner.

Yes, Bobke seemed a bit out of place today, he needs to brush up on his 13th century castles for sure. I also missed him in the analysis role, he and Christian worked well together last year. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it though. Tough job, not as easy as it would seem I'm sure.

Agree with you. I think Bob Roll realizes that he's one lucky guy. Not a spectacular cyclist or broadcaster; yet, timing and opportunity placed him in the booth a long time ago. There are better announcers that will have to wait their turn for Bob to retire. He's not in the same league as Phil or Paul though. I think he will work at it and get better; but, he likes being goofy, drinks his wine and eats his pastries.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
Like trail said, yellow jersey-level well-played. I’ll be sitting at my desk, jealous.

yes, seamless backdoor double offhand brag...….chapeau...almost blew right by it

Love you too mates ;)
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in a few years Teunisson will be on a group ride, guys pointing to him saying, "he outsprinted Sagan"...."led the Tour de France"......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha chapeau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You clearly came into the TdF on good forum form.

Solid TTT for Pinot and not terrible for Fuglsang, but AG2R coughed up almost a minute.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Solid TTT for Pinot and not terrible for Fuglsang, but AG2R coughed up almost a minute.

Not great for Porte and Trek-Sega-fred-o.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

I did the pacing plan for the boys in blue. I think they are happy with the result and it looks like Jakob is alright.
He hates TTT. He once told me it's the thing that makes him the most nervous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Solid time for EF. Now just need the Dutch and/or Belgian boys to beat Ineos.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

I did the pacing plan for the boys in blue. I think they are happy with the result and it looks like Jakob is alright.

Happy he's hung in there and looks ok. Pinot also has to be happy and Rigo and the boys in pink EF look loose and confident.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monster ride by Jumbo. They earned that one.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teunisson said he left cross because he was tired of having to race against MVdP. Funny..
Great to see him having such a good time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Katusha shockingly good. Mitchelton-Scott boys shockingly bad. Think Simon was the one who crapped his pants today.
Last edited by: WannaB: Jul 7, 19 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Solid time for EF. Now just need the Dutch and/or Belgian boys to beat Ineos.

It sort of surprises me that EF is using those exposed brakes. They aren't a Shimano sponsored team, so you would think they would stick some TriRigs on those bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Teunisson said he left cross because he was tired of having to race against MVdP. Funny..
Great to see him having such a good time.

Very cool to see him retain yellow. I think van Aert and Martin could have beaten half of the teams on their own. Jumbo was super wise to spend time investing in my mate Dan Bigham's services. They have strong strong blokes, but they also are making wise decisions in TTs.

Also, I still can't believe how shit AG2R is at time trialing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

My forum form is top notch. 500,000 watts for an hour good. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Very cool. Jakob has been so damn strong this year. Hoping his crash doesn't affect anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The same can be said for Trek S. With a goal of the GC and the whole team built around that, they sure brought very little TT talent and it showed.

Movistar was also very bad, putting their GC hopes in tatters right off the bat...

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed on all accounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
marcag wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Very cool. Jakob has been so damn strong this year. Hoping his crash doesn't affect anything.

I spoke to one of the riders after his race. He says Jakob is OK. TTT is not their specialty, probably because they don't train it as much as other teams, so I think they are happy to limit losses to specific riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just watched the finish. Jumbo handed out a thrashing, quite impressive, and they’ll likely hold yellow until stage 6. Gotta love the spirit of that team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad they had a good day and Jakob is still in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe longer since they have Kruijswijk who was 5th overall last year. He could find himself in the hot seat with a good day on stage 6.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Tour de France Thread (SPOILERS)*** [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point, that’s likely true unless he has a really bad day. Bennet could also end up with it, he’s a little more of a punchy finish.
Quote Reply

Prev Next