Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

***PRESS RELEASE***
Quote | Reply
We have officially settled on our name, web address, and logo

I DU - In the world of romance, it connotes commitment, love and devotion. In the world of multisport, the word “du” is short for duathlon.

Why choose this name for the magazine? Simple. We feel it perfectly captures the feeling we hope this magazine evokes. An oasis of passion and sport in an otherwise “in-crowd”, multisport market.

This echoes, you will find, in the articles that appear in our pages. It is also reflected in the people who contribute and follow the sport. Athletes, who are fortunate enough to become professionals – i.e. the late Benny Vansteelant is a perfect example – devote themselves to the sport because of their true passion for something they love…running and cycling.

Choosing a name for this magazine has not been easy. There has been much trial and error. On the one hand, we wanted a name that is recognizable by those across the multisport spectrum, not requiring an explanation. On the other hand, we wanted to include works from runners and cyclist, whose appreciation – of the sports on an individual level – reaffirms the passion that duathletes have for running and biking.

Moreover, that is the point. It is not necessary for every reader to be purely a duathlete in order to appreciate, the entertaining and inspiring stories, which grace our pages. The passion of running and biking speak to us all. In addition, we are all able to enjoy it. Appreciate it on different levels, sure, but still truly enjoy it.

This, we hope, will be said of “I DU”. The stories and people speak to us all. A passion for duathlon does not require years of practice. Only bits of time to the let the sport cultivate. In other words, allow yourself the chance to discover the “I DU” in you. Two great words. Let’s name a magazine after it.

Shane Nelson
Publisher
I DU

Official Logo

Pure Passion. Pure Sport
Quote Reply
Re: ***PRESS RELEASE*** [ksnelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logo's not showing up for me

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: ***PRESS RELEASE*** [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
picture a script "G"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great Shane! Just got the email. I think you're on the right track! Hopefully this will help promote DU more!!!

John Mickle
ECI Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love duathlon. It's usually a great tune-up for my triathlon season. That is why PM AL is such a great race. If it's to promote duathlon... then great and I welcome it. If you are doing it for a business venture, then as soon as my subsciptions run out to Triathlete and Inside Triathlon, I will support it and buy it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is duathlon back? Let me know and I will get a few of the old guys back out.....willis, watson, tobin, schwartz, and kenny......etc

What ever happen to duathlon, anyways? Logistically, it is much more sound for events while eliminated the swim allow more runners and other athletes to do multi sport. At the same time, there is something that these events miss in the excitiment dept.

My number one regret in life, was not learning to swim early on!

PT
Quote Reply
Re: ***PRESS RELEASE*** [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its never to late to learn Paul! : )
Get yourself over to Phoenix with all your friends in Febuary for the Desert Classic Duathlon. Great little early season race with great weather!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com