Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***2019 Spring Classics Thread*** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The group of blue Decent Nicks really putting their local buddy in the hurt locker!
Last edited by: SailorSam: Mar 23, 19 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: ***2019 Spring Classics Thread*** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan has good legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
front seven is race winning group
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, wow, wow, van Dert and TD up there. Didn’t even realize Kwiatkowski was kinky up. Now challenge is baggage for front group
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moulin Rouge should attack over the top when he makes contact

who would chase?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sagan being coy
Quote Reply
Re: ***2019 Spring Classics Thread*** [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fucking hell Alaphilippe is out of control.
Quote Reply
Re: ***2019 Spring Classics Thread*** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Fucking hell Alaphilippe is out of control.

Sheesh, he lead himself out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hot diggity. Johnny is definitely on. Shall we pick him for PR now too? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 wins in 20ish races he has entered this season. That's quite the hit rate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sort of, Mohoric started it off and Alaphilippe was in perfect position. Some seriously slick riding by him, very astute. He’s a stone cold savage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, wow, that little French fucker really delivered with all the pressure. Super impressive.

stunning , and yet should i really shouldn't be surprised. just surprised Sagan was out of position
Quote Reply
Re: ***2019 Spring Classics Thread*** [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Sort of, Mohoric started it off and Alaphilippe was in perfect position. Some seriously slick riding by him, very astute. He’s a stone cold savage

indeed; sat at the back and followed wheels. if only Sagan had the racing nous (as opposed to burning himself up, dragging back Van Aert).

Bonesbrigade wrote:
Yeah, wow, that little French fucker really delivered with all the pressure. Super impressive.

little f***er sounds about right; such insouciance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
The group of blue Decent Nicks really putting their local buddy in the hurt locker!

Decent Nicks is a nice pun

SailorSam wrote:
hot diggity. Johnny is definitely on. Shall we pick him for PR now too? :)

is Johnny Alaphilippe?

if so, better question is, what is he on ?

Disc brake wheels, of course
Last edited by: echappist: Mar 23, 19 9:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The worst part about this is that the lady called it and my picks were off. I've got to do all of the fucking chores this weekend. :( I will see you all later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:
echappist wrote:
@Tri_Joeri, what do you say if we call Dylan a "Kreunenwegen" (a groaning wagon).

Dude runs about as well as a screeching wagon loaded down with cargo, which fittingly, is what he resembles on a hill

Too bad Groenewegen otherwise means green wagon; perhaps we'll call him by his actual name, when he wins a green jersey

Haha good one! Suits him as a sprinter! Groenewegen would mean green roads instead of green wagon, so maybe that's a name we van give him when he joins Van Aert in Cx haha.

Speaking about sprinters, has anyone payed attention to the selections of team UAE? Gaviria, Kristoff and Philipssen, how heavily are they relying on a bunch sprint.. Philipssen is probably more to gain experience but still

Good to have a residential Dutch expert on-site then :)

As for sprinters, people suggested Kristoff in a lead-out role? I'm not sure how that dynamic would work

I can see why they put Kristoff in a lead-out role, if you look at the WC for instance 2 years ago, he is probably one of the stronger "sprinters" over a longer sprint so if you use him to pull Gaviria..

Glad I changed my wildcard to Naesen haha, great race by him! Bonus points if the wildcard sprints for the win? Looks like I had some solid picks again haha.
He wasn't one of my picks but holy hell I was screaming for Van Aert, people are going to shit themselves in the races to come if he is still there at the end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
The worst part about this is that the lady called it and my picks were off. I've got to do all of the fucking chores this weekend. :( I will see you all later.

she's not gonna let you hear the end of it this weekend; my apologies. Does she watch the sport or ride? Can't imagine the sport to be that popular

you should remind her that France has as good of a chance of winning Uefa Nation's Cup as Ireland does :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
apologies. Not on our side of the pond but I'll respect perception to refrain in the future. Thanks for setting me straight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so many good things .....
- I think Phil Gil tried to talk Valverde into an attack on the Cipresso. that could have been fun.
- Boneyface's descent was nucking futs. I'm old. I can't watch that stuff anymore.
- Sky is impressive. here's the Poggio and boom, here's sky. they gave Kwi his shot.
- Wout Van Aert = WTF ..... he's for real. I did not expect an appearance today.

QS is stacked
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sagan was looking at Valverde when Mohoric went. Might not have mattered. He looked knackered.

Gilbert just flat out buried himself for Aladepp.

Great ride from Si Clarkeee, TD, van Dert, lots of guys....Valverde is eerily subtle and efficient. Always seems to be right there. Dammit.

Best ride was from the una bella ragazza on the horse in the water on the beach. Damn......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is actually a very good triathlete. Running is her strength but she can certainly ride well too. She follows the French athletes and is an expert at picking them for every podium of every race, but doesn't religiously follow the races themselves. I know more from her about the French rider's WAGs than I care to admit. She was screaming on the mobile with her dad when Julian won....I've had enough French for one day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonesbrigade wrote:

hahaha....new nickname is LFF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no worries; just go back and change your post; and i'll change mine accordingly

also, I thought we live on the same side of the Pond? (both in the U.S., I think)

but do keep on conjuring up puns like Decent Knicks;

Dudes in Knicks, wearing their Decent Knicks, are unreal this year...
Quote Reply
Re: ***2019 Spring Classics Thread*** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To make this all worse, I just realized that she picked 2 of the 3 on the podium and her other pick was 5th. FFS what the hell am I doing here?
?
Quote Reply

Prev Next