Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He will kill once he comes back to triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Roglic has big watts and low CdA. Super impressive for a GC guy.

For some reason I think Marcag is affiliated with Astana. Any info on their setup for TTs?

I thought today was the rest day. Doh!. What do you want to know about their setup ?

Lopez is on the new disc brake bike. Him and Cataldo. Some of the Tour riders will also be on them.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Tough luck for Campanaerts; that's stinks. He had to lugged himself up a hill and still had a time that compares favorably to what the GC contenders did.

Anyone knows what caused the mechanical?

Reportedly he said it was a dropped chain. Then he changed bikes. Surely that would have cost him 11 seconds. On the other hand, he had dry roads when he went.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from Roglic it was a good day for Nibali. He’s quietly lurking, while Yates, Lopez, Carapaz and Landa will almost certainly get desperate, unpredictable and on the attack soon than later. This could be a drag-out race to the very end.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Aside from Roglic it was a good day for Nibali. He’s quietly lurking, while Yates, Lopez, Carapaz and Landa will almost certainly get desperate, unpredictable and on the attack soon than later. This could be a drag-out race to the very end.

A couple of stages Friday and Sat that look like opportunities to throw a few punches at Roglic. I agree, Nibs is solid. Roglic should have a chink in the armour at some point. If not, well. I ain't seen nothin'.....

There are some young dudes with nothing to lose ready to throw down. Ricky the Paz, Hugh the Carthy, J Knox, Benny O'Connor. Sep is going to have to be the cooler for Roglic but it would be fun to see him up the road.

If I'm wrong, Tour of Estonia is on tap.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Sep is going to have to be the cooler for Roglic

Sep keeps having the dial turned up on him. First it was playing in the hills of CA with Bennett. Then it was play backup climbing domestique to De Plus. Now the dial is turned to 11. At some point he's going to be the last guy standing between Roglic and the other GC guys.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two interesting take-always from the TT.

Whoever has been working with EF on their TTs deserves an at-a-boy. Two guys who aren’t noted TT riders in the top 10 is a great result.

Vini Nibbles has a new Rudy lid. GCN mentioned that this was part of Bahrain Merida’s collaboration with McClaren, which might explain why the exhaust vent at the back looks like the Specialized. I bet Rohan Dennis is relieved that he won’t be pressured to wear the old Rudy turd for the rest of the season.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sure wish this Tuesday's stage was rolling with decent amount of ascent after rest day - guess following Tuesday 28th will catch a few out; its a monster day
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, I was shocked to see a perfectly flat race tomorrow. Seems they want to give the pure sprinters maximum chance of a stage win before things get too hard for them (on the rolling or high mountain stages).

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
guess following Tuesday 28th will catch a few out; its a monster day

For entertainment purposes, I'm hoping that Nibali goes on the attack early and tests his descending skills for 50+ km after the Passo Gavia. Would be awesome to watch him going full gas on such a long descent with a reduced GC field trying to chase him. Because the alternative (if the GC group and teammates crest the Passo Gavia together) seems like such a waste of an insanely long descent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty dull stage today. But the following comment from the Cyclingnews.com live commentary was funny.

His telemark podium salute aside, Primoz Roglic’s self-containment is such that he makes Miguel Indurain seem like Conor McGregor.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow is dull as well; ugh
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bring on the mountains!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For most everyone other than Ackermann, it was a snoozer. Looking forward to Thursday and things finally heading up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The good news is once we hit Stage 12...it will be on for the rest of the tour with the exception of stage 18. I suspect a lot of sprinters will be turning themselves inside out to make time cuts on stages 12-17 just for one last chance before packing it in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

You can do what I do, and if you're watching on eurosport tweet the commentators and try and get them to mention whatever you wrote. So far I'm 1 for 2.

Declan Quigley is one of the announcers and his handle on Twitter is @DQSport

Really helps make boring flat sprint stages a bit better

Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
echappist wrote:

You can do what I do, and if you're watching on eurosport tweet the commentators and try and get them to mention whatever you wrote. So far I'm 1 for 2.

Not bad

better question is, is your Twitter handle Turd Ferguson or your real name?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:
echappist wrote:

Not bad

Or any relation to turdburgler?
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
I suspect a lot of sprinters will be turning themselves inside out to make time cuts on stages 12-17 just for one last chance before packing it in.

Yeah, that'll be one of the fun side-shows. That worked out for Kristoff in last year's TdF - he dropped Sagan, Gaviria, and Kittel in the mountains so had a relatively easy gallop down the Champ-Elysees.

Edit: Didn't drop Sagan. Just beat him in the sprint.
Last edited by: trail: May 21, 19 15:32
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
echappist wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:
echappist wrote:

Not bad

Or any relation to turdburgler?

Turds from a different mum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:
echappist wrote:

Not bad

Yes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, you don't know the Turd Ferguson reference?

Well done, by the way, Turd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Pretty dull stage today. But the following comment from the Cyclingnews.com live commentary was funny.

His telemark podium salute aside, Primoz Roglic’s self-containment is such that he makes Miguel Indurain seem like Conor McGregor.

He reminds me of Denny Menchov.
Sorry..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Come on, you don't know the Turd Ferguson reference?

Well done, by the way, Turd.

Of course I do, but I doubt Norm McDonald registered it, so technically someone else could use it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch. McNulty comes our swinging
Quote Reply

Prev Next