Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i liked Uran signaling the next turn to TJ after he missed the first turn
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that, thought it was pretty heads up to recognize that Tejay was having a code red moment. Riggo is one of the good guys, which makes you wonder why in the world he's on that team.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

H- wrote:
heyMartin wrote:
well his bad luck seems to have been adjudicated - don't understand how at all

I was sorry for Tejay. But that ruling is BS. Not watching TOC anymore. What a joke.

And is drafting behind team car allowed now?

One of those once in a thousand chances that Levefre is actually right and justified
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Dumoulin has abandoned the Giro. And it's another day of wet and gloomy weather. Hopefully things perk up.

Holy shit!!! Did you see Dumoulin's knee?

Johann was talking about it on the podcast, and I just had to google it
I didn't know that Sunweb rode disc brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good day for the break today in the Giro. Good tactical choice by Roglic to get rid of the pink jersey for a bit. Some other team can drive for a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap news came down today. No more Fleche and Liege for the women's teams. They wanted 45 minutes of live tv coverage and the organizers said they couldn't provide it...
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Saw that, thought it was pretty heads up to recognize that Tejay was having a code red moment. Riggo is one of the good guys, which makes you wonder why in the world he's on that team.

In Tejay's defense (kinda hate to do this as I'm not really a fan) but reason I saw attributed to his missing the turn was that the brakes on his teammate's bike are opposite of his in terms of which lever operates front/back. I think that quite many riders could have had the same problem in the turn.

But still, UCI decision to award him the same time is bogus. I've tried to like EF but protesting for that win was crappy. Will be hard to pull for Uran in tour (but I will).

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of EF crap, Formolo got away from EF/ Slipstream/Vaughters and now in a nice move and a solid squad. I don't think they're going to let him get away today. Carl, why you be hatin' on EF? They came very close to vaporizing not long ago. They could be vaping CBD and racing for Floyd right now.
I think they had to lobby to keep knucklehead Tejay in yellow. A world tour team just trying to get by. The UCI refs are and always will be political shills.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Formolo got away from EF/ Slipstream/Vaughters and now in a nice move and a solid squad.

Very sold squad. Bora Hansgrohe is impressive. Founded in 2010 they were fifth in wins last year and currently are third with 23, only three of which I believe are by Peter Sagan. When Sagan went to Bora I was wondering what he was thinking going to a smaller, newer team, but clearly he was wise.

Last year EF was third from bottom with 7 wins. To their credit they have managed to equal that total so far this year.

I saw Tejay quoted as saying EF did not protest to get the gift a couple days ago, but the cyclingnews stories at the time said they did.

Meanwhile, pace today in Giro was 45 kph. Brutal. Formolo should have picked up enough time to move ahead of the other GC contenders. -- I see he is even with Roglic.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
I saw Tejay quoted as saying EF did not protest to get the gift a couple days ago, but the cyclingnews stories at the time said they did.
Who to believe? However, I don't have a huge problem with a team protesting something. But the decision by the race jury was questionable (to say the least). There's certainly room to find fault with the race jury.

And now, Gaviria is out of the Giro. The sprint stages have lost a little more sizzle.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good on Higuita for giving this a go, but I'm not sure he is going to hold on. It will be close, but he looks to be in the red. Tadej looks like he is letting off of Bennet. Very exciting!

WTF is going on with Sram AXS? Porte just dropped a chain.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Good on Higuita for giving this a go, but I'm not sure he is going to hold on. It will be close, but he looks to be in the red. Tadej looks like he is letting off of Bennet. Very exciting!

WTF is going on with Sram AXS? Porte just dropped a chain.

at least the parcours mostly mooted the decision of the stupid race jury, though whoever end up finishing just below TJvG won't be too pleased.

Alvin Tostig wrote:
H- wrote:

Who to believe? However, I don't have a huge problem with a team protesting something. But the decision by the race jury was questionable (to say the least). There's certainly room to find fault with the race jury.

And now, Gaviria is out of the Giro. The sprint stages have lost a little more sizzle.

too bad, as the two main group sprint stages are next week; if there's anything more boring that a flat sprinter's stage, it's a flat sprinter's stage missing a few top sprinters
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tejay can’t turn right and Higuita can’t turn left, apparently.

And apparently the sprinters aren’t digging the jump from 11 to 10t cog.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: May 17, 19 18:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha lovely post and you are spot on.

Higuita can clearly climb; wtf he did on that turn is beyond me. You could see his anger at the finishing line too. That said the peloton should take notice. He can handle the longer sustained efforts and he also has a kick like a donkey. He will never take GC when there are flat TTs, but we have a pure climber on our hands with punch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of someone who has no problem turning either direction, MvDP had no trouble easing back into MTB by winning the XCC World Cup race yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and Kate C takes it on the women' side; tomorrow should be fun
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kate dropped the hammer today, impressive win. Red Bull TV has awesome free coverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She was strong!

On the men's side who/what team is responsible for Jumbo's TT setup this year? The whole team looks amazing regarding setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
She was strong!

On the men's side who/what team is responsible for Jumbo's TT setup this year? The whole team looks amazing regarding setup.

They do look good! And Astana a bit messy. Secure those damn helmet straps!

Great job by Haga!

Roglic eating up Yates so far.

The hot seat cam is hilarious. "Here's Victor fidgeting for 30 seconds while sitting alone. Enjoy."
Last edited by: trail: May 19, 19 7:17
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roglic has big watts and low CdA. Super impressive for a GC guy.

For some reason I think Marcag is affiliated with Astana. Any info on their setup for TTs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Victor is a superb TT rider
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Victor is a superb TT rider

Don't know anything about Astana's setup.

Yeah, Victor looking more and more solid, though haven't seen Roglic's splits yet.

Awful rides by Angel Lopez and Yates.

Edit: Damn! Roglic is a monster.
Last edited by: trail: May 19, 19 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough luck for Campanaerts; that's stinks. He had to lugged himself up a hill and still had a time that compares favorably to what the GC contenders did.

Anyone knows what caused the mechanical?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roglic is a monster. 1+ minutes on all the GC riders. I wonder if he does the double this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Major beatdown from Roglic and big rides from Mollema and Nibali. Disastrous for rest of GC contenders.

Bummer for Victor about bike change, likely cost him the W.
Quote Reply

Prev Next