Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blood doping courtesy Dr Schmidt
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:

In other news, Travis McCabe almost got him at the line in Sacramento. That would have been cool.

I thought he had a good shot at another bunch sprint (for 4th) today, but he just mis-timed it and got swarmed just before the line.

Gutted for Alex Hoehn who was out there all day, just utterly cracked like 6K from the line. On the plus side he does get to wear the KOM jersey tomorrow.

Cavagna descending was bizarre. I thought he was going to pass out or something. But then he had a wattage bazooka ready for the flat ~15K to the line....Dudes in Knicks...everyone just takes turn winning. Except Viviani this week.

Cavagna looked drunk. I've ridden that decent and the road isn't great, but he looked out of it. QS can't help but to win everything. Awesome ride by Hoehn as well. He was SPENT.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumoulin has abandoned the Giro. And it's another day of wet and gloomy weather. Hopefully things perk up.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was surprised he even bothered starting today. Hope he recovers well and prepares to smash le Tour.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently the GC riders agreed to neutralize after the first pass through the circuit today. Probably a smart idea...today's been pretty shit at the Giro.

On the plus side I'm going to get to meet some of the women at the Tour of California today. Very excited about that. I had passes to meet some of the men on the weekend as well. Daniel Oss was definitely the highlight. Very outgoing.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to be another boring-ass Tour of Cali stage, hope you stay dry! Already raining here in North Bay.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not spectating the men's race today thankfully. Going to do the women's meet and great and then headed to the hills to visit with relatives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man on man, helluva sprint by Ackermann. Had to double clutch it and still smashed Gaviria.

DQS gave textbook leadout but Viviani just lost wheel. Can’t be happy with the time one.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Talk about being impeded. I questioned Bora's choice of sprinter before the Giro. Looks like they got that right though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Agreed. Talk about being impeded. I questioned Bora's choice of sprinter before the Giro. Looks like they got that right though!

And Pascal is one of the better first names in the peloton.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kasper Asgreen is an interesting name too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pascal is certainly an ace name. Which brings the question, who has the best name in the peloton?

Rob Power
Winner Anacona
Lars Boom

I'm missing 100s. Enlighten me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently DQS has been awarded tomorrow's stage victory too, so that they could bang out two-days worth of podium ceremonies today.

Poor Tejay, can't turn right. Broken chain: bad, bad, luck. But come on, even if brakes are English-style, it's a freaking highway off-ramp, not a Flemish goat path.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Poor Tejay, can't turn right. Broken chain: bad, bad, luck. But come on, even if brakes are English-style, it's a freaking highway off-ramp, not a Flemish goat path.

hah - he does seem to make a lot of his own luck
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well his bad luck seems to have been adjudicated - don't understand how at all
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
well his bad luck seems to have been adjudicated - don't understand how at all

I was sorry for Tejay. But that ruling is BS. Not watching TOC anymore. What a joke.

And is drafting behind team car allowed now?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
And is drafting behind team car allowed now?

I think I saw Bennett tucking in nicely behind his team car in Stage 2 when he was off the back

My mistake, it was Danny Van Poppel

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: May 16, 19 7:46
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First Viviani and now this, two abysmal rulings in one week that have major implications on race. Well done UCI.

Feel bad that Tejay crashed but EF petitioning he got held up—outside of 3k, not to mention after missing turn and being off the back—reinforces my opinion of them as a bunch of cry babies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
First Viviani and now this, two abysmal rulings in one week that have major implications on race. Well done UCI.

Feel bad that Tejay crashed but EF petitioning he got held up—outside of 3k, not to mention after missing turn and being off the back—reinforces my opinion of them as a bunch of cry babies.

Tejay is a head case. He was being talked down off the ledge by his wife when the favorable ruling came down. Dude is his own worse enemy, seems like.

Moving on, I'm interested in the young riders' in the Giro. I think Carthy is going to get some air time in the mountains.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...n-garderen-decision/

'Is it because he’s American? I don’t know. I hope not' says Deceuninck team boss

That's kinda fucked up

Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...n-garderen-decision/

'Is it because he’s American? I don’t know. I hope not' says Deceuninck team boss

That's kinda fucked up

Agree, totally unacceptable decision. Honestly, i have no clue what is doing on these days with the UCI rules enforcement. He snapped his chain, that is his problem. There is zero guarantee he would have gotten back on and with the mistakes in the turn that is his fault. Then the crash happened, but at that point he was not back yet.

Edit: he also sat on the cars for most of the way back which should have resulted in a penalty.
Last edited by: Ron_Burgundy: May 16, 19 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinda seems like the case. And with the UCI's ineptitude they managed to piss off a team sponsored by one of the biggest and long-term supporters of the sport in Specialized.

Like DQS sending their youngsters to cut their teeth at Cali, maybe the UCI does the same to groom future bureaucrats, and encourage creativity in f*cking up the sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First week of the Giro isn't that exciting to watch but certainly has some drama with Roglic and Yates both throwing themselves on the tarmac today. Ready for the GC battle to start in earnest but looks like a few more days before that happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember watching Joe D smoke Tejay up Flagstaff in Boulder. Joe, I think is temperamentally suited to being a good domestic. Tejay (sort of to his credit) has to be the man and shoulder the leader responsibility, which isn't easy and so he punches over his weight. I thought he'd make a very solid dom in the mountains for many teams and be content but no. I like that he's still willing to fight it out but it's painful at times to watch.
Quote Reply
Re: **** {Spoilers} 2019 Giro d'Italia Thread {Spoilers}**** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Dumoulin has abandoned the Giro. And it's another day of wet and gloomy weather. Hopefully things perk up.

Holy shit!!! Did you see Dumoulin's knee?

Johann was talking about it on the podcast, and I just had to google it

Quote Reply

Prev Next