Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(picture) The way not to leave transition....
Quote | Reply
Kid couldnt find his shoe in transition (this is at the Haunted City Kids Tri in Salem MA)....just took off anyway....did 1/2 mile like this before his dad found his shoe. If anyone knows this kid let me know and I will get him this pic.

Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's some serious HTFU.
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drove my bike out to a spot where I do bricks, did my bike leg, realized I forgot to bring any shoes. ran 3 miles without shoes.

got lots of blisters, and weird looks

haha

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A japanese competitor rode 112mi barefoot on his pedals at IM Australia 2-3 years ago. He had forgotten his bike shoes. He still posted a sub 3h10 run..
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's plenty of those stories around... Here's an old posted here 4 years ago http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...search_engine#107464
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL....and I already posted that same info in that same thread :D
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am amazed he left the other shoe on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I remenber finding a swim cap in Elysean Park during the LA tri. Can you imagine doing the bike and half the run with your swim cap on ??
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [Thierry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In soaking-wet Muncie this year, one of the competitors left transition with both his shoes, but with at least 3-4 miles left (when I saw him) he apparently decided they were causing too much trouble, so he took 'em off.

...and ran the last several miles carrying them.

...and finished his 1/2 IM in 4:44.

I felt like such a candy-ass when he went running by (for multiple reasons, look at the photos and you'll understand).

HTFU, indeed:
http://www.brightroom.com/...&PWD=&BIB=26

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome!

someone needs to tell the girl in front of him that putting shorts or a skirt, whatever that pink thing is, is a waste of transition time. Part of the fun of tri is running around in your swimsuit!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I saw Newbz take off his running shoes at the Rockman, I knew I had him...
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [firepit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is that guy naked?

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [firepit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I felt like such a candy-ass when he went running by (for multiple reasons, look at the photos and you'll understand).

Probably because he was able to morph between a big black dude and a white girl, huh?

That'd freak me out, too.

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Re: (picture) The way not to leave transition.... [Erik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course not. He's got his race number belt on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You laugh, but I have a friend who won a short course duathlon with one shoe. He ran the final 5k in under 16 minutes with one shoe on, and barefoot on the other. If anybody else was at the Va Duathlon then you'd know how unbelievable that is.
Quote Reply