Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(Tights) I have decided...
Quote | Reply
It is much easier and cheaper to just throw a pair of long tights over some bike shorts or tri shorts when riding in cold weather instead of buying cycling specific cold weather tights. Anyone else rock it like this? On a side note I probably had one of my last rides outside today...the weather up here in ND is getting brisk.

Tights of choice:

CW-X
Brooks
Nike
Quote Reply
Re: (Tights) I have decided... [SneakySpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I decided on the same thing this fall. Its the practical way to go. And the poor college student way to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It is much easier and cheaper to just throw a pair of long tights over some bike shorts or tri shorts when riding in cold weather instead of buying cycling specific cold weather tights. Anyone else rock it like this? On a side note I probably had one of my last rides outside today...the weather up here in ND is getting brisk.

Tights of choice:

CW-X
Brooks
Nike
Only gay people wear tights on the bike, so with your tats you'll fit right in. :D

Seriously, that's all I ever used to wear when I biked in Denver in the winter. Booties, full finger gloves, balaclava, couple layers up top and tights.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: (Tights) I have decided... [Pickles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I decided on the same thing this fall. Its the practical way to go. And the poor college student way to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! I picked up a pair of Nashbar "mid-weight" unpadded tights that are good down to about freezing, and then I have a pair of long underwear I can throw on under that if I decide to ride down into the 20s.

Plus, I can run in them or use them as a second pair of long underwear if need be!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
walmart had/has some starter brand insulated jammies for like 15$ a piece. cheap is the way to roll.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only problem is usually cycling tights are windproof and running or other tights are not. This is the biggest benefit for cold weather riding, IMHO.
Quote Reply