Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(Surgical) decrease in CDA...
Quote | Reply
...Wow! You have to be dedicated to even fathom something like this. It's hard to believe it's come to altering one's physique... uh, physically in order to lower your coefficient of drag. Maybe the UCI will deem the procedure against the rules, and he'll finally be out for good! LOL

From CyclingNews:

"Sources within the Armstrong camp explained that initial reports that the break was a single, clean fracture were true. But the seven-time Tour winner had been told he could shave seconds per kilometre off of his time trials if only his shoulders weren't so broad. The American decided that, since he faced several weeks of recovery from the broken bone anyhow, he might as well go through with a plan which would shorten both clavicles and narrow the width of his upper body.

Doctors cut out a section of the right clavicle before putting the bone back together with a plate and screws, then moved over to the previously intact left collarbone to duplicate the procedure. The surgery marks the first time an athlete has undergone such a radical surgery to gain a performance boost."
3rd headline down:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...r09/apr01newsspecial

Last edited by: J\V: Mar 31, 09 20:53
Quote Reply
Re: (Surgical) decrease in CDA... [J\V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: (Surgical) decrease in CDA... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw, you ruined the fun too quickly!

Quote | Reply
You did check the date, right? ;)

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: (Surgical) decrease in CDA... [J\V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The UK track squad (specifically; Jamie Staff) are considered to have actually considered doing that and it wasn't April the 1st!
Quote Reply