Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
(Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry!
Quote | Reply
Every week I face a choice between using my very limited free time to organize my finances, bills, pay attention to my boyfriend, or try desperately to stay on top of the pile of sweaty Ironman-training laundry! It seems impossible to own enough socks, sports bras, special training underwear, bike shorts, bathing suits, warm-up tops, bike jerseys, etc.! And forget about regular laundry. I'm tapping into the reserve underwear and socks now! It's amazing we're not all a much stinkier bunch than we are (well, speaking for myself anyhow) :).

Have a great weekend out there!
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [Striver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try auctioning off your sweaty "special training underwear" on EBay. There are a lot of kinky guys out there. Then, use the proceeds to buy new stuff every week. Voila! No more washing. Problem solved.
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooh - good idea! A premium charged for pairs worn over an hour, over two hours, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call me lazy ('cause I am . . .), but I take my workout clothes in the shower with me, wash 'em there, and hang 'em to dry for the next workout. Bike shorts go in the washer, but this approach works great for the socks, jog bras, running/trishorts, and tops!
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [BPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds very smart! - Do you wear them into the shower and let the shampoo and soap take care of it, or use laundry soap in the shower to wash them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" I take my workout clothes in the shower with me, wash 'em there, "

Great idea......but my wife would kill me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use regular soap. Just lather everything up, let it sit all soapy on the side of the tub while you wash, rinse, wring, and hang. I know it sounds goofy, but it saves my sanity during IM training when it feels like I'm drowning in a pile of sweaty gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
confession: i re-wore some bike shorts this morning b/c i didn't have any clean ones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't sound goofy at all, sounds very practical! But then, I may also be goofy. :)
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eek, I'd never do (I mean, admit to) that! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About an hour before bed, I take our cycling clothes (san gloves as the velcro tears up lycra stuff) and load it into wash machine and set the gentle cycle. 5-minutes before bed, I go hang it all in the laundry room where it has usually air dryed by morning! The athletic and remaining clothes get the same treatment but I use the regular cycle the following night and instead of hang drying, it gets tossed into and the dryer started just prior to retiring for the night. In the morning, if I need something out of that load, in fall/winter/early spring I can set the dryer for 5 more minutes and I get clothes that not only clean but toasty warm as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"SPECIAL TRAINING UNDERWEAR" !?!?!?! Can you please let me know what this is? LOL!! It seems as though it's one piece of athletic clothing that I do not currently own. :-/
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must not have to pay $1.25 for each portion of the cycle. :)
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah - you don't know the special wicking/breathable training underwear? It's great for running! I don't like the built-in undies. Also this stuff is great for hiking and travel where you can't pack a lot, as it washes and dries quickly.

http://www.title9sports.com/...&iProductID=1087

Across the world, ST men will now be headed en masse to the men's room...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once a week I walk the "non-dryer" clothes (bike gear, swim suits, sports bras, French lingerie, etc.) up to the laundry and run them through the wash. Walk home and hang them up to dry. Everything else gets taken to the nice man on the corner. I give him a bag of dirty clothes and go back in a couple of days and he gives me nice clean clothes folded and tied up in paper. A win-win situation!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah - I only wear the French lingerie on my race-simulation rides, so there's not as much of it to wash. Have you found a poofy skirt that works well with your bike seat?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You must not have to pay $1.25 for each portion of the cycle. :)
Good point! Sorry tend to take laundry for granted since we dont see much of reason to pay ourselves for using our own washer and dryer. ~:^D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you sound like you enjoy doing laundry like WAY to much! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
underwear is overrated. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>Have you found a poofy skirt that works well with your bike seat? <<

KestrelKerri has been known to race in a skirt!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SKIRTS ARE THE BEST! :)

Last edited by: Kestrelkerri: Jun 24, 05 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! I'm planning to in my IM as well although I don't think I'll do it quite as much justice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Laundry... What's that?

I throw it next to a big white machine in the basement. Next thing I know it's clean & folded and put in my dresser in my room... I have no idea how that happens, but it does happen daily.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am of course kidding... I think my wife would divorce me over that before she divorces me over IM training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah sure you will! :) My favorite part was when I had to go to the bathroom and asked a volunteer, "can you please hold my skirt while I go into the porta potty?" :-D
Quote Reply
Re: (Somewhat OT) Oh, the laundry! [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tee-hee - I thought it meant you were 8 years old. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next