Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(Pro Question) Where to send team application suggestions
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I have a friend who is one of the best triathlete's in my country.

Two good examples of his ability are that in a recent local sprint triathlon he finished second by around 25 seconds behind a man who races the world pro circuit. Also in a recent Olympic race he was leading when his bike malfunctioned 3k from the cycle/run transition so he threw the bike over his shoulders and ran the 3K to the transisition (in bare feet). On the run he passed all those that passed him while he was running, with the bike over his shoulders, and still won the race.

We both agree that he would see further performance improvement if he trained with high quality training partners as the races are too easy to win here.

He is currently attending university but he would love to train with a good US or European team for a year.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give a few suggestions about which teams he should send his details too.

This kid has the goods and I'd hate it if he couldn't develop his talent fully.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: (Pro Question) Where to send team application suggestions [Liarspoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he should contact his national federation?

Quote | Reply
Are we taking Olympics, or 70.3/ 140.6 distance? Not much non-drafting Olympic distance stuff in the US anymore.

I agree that if he is considering WTS/ Olympics he should start with the national federation. Maybe talk to pros and see who they're training with/ how they got in.

Can you tell us your country or at least your continent?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply