Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(OT) Chicago peeps... hotel location ideas?
Quote | Reply
Hey y'all... My wife and I need to travel to Chicago later in the month for a medical visit. The doctor is in Lincoln Park. We're looking for a hotel... not likely to afford the ones *in* Lincoln Park.

Assuming we grabbed a room near O'Hare, how bad would the drive in on the Kennedy (I assume) be at mid-morning? The appointment is at 1:30, and I'd expect to stay in the area of the park until after dinner.

I'll take other suggestions for good spots in the burbs to grab an inexpensive hotel with an easy drive in. We'll be driving up.

Thanks!

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: (OT) Chicago peeps... hotel location ideas? [TwinDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you stay at O'Hare, just take the blue line in, then transfer to the red line to get to lincoln park. It'll be a lot faster than driving.

http://www.noahmwalton.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be safe and give yourself an hour. If bad weather, 1.5 to 2 hours.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At mid-morning, say past 9:00 - 10:00 am, you could do that in a half hour on most days, but not knowing the area and all that, an hour should be sufficient, to find the location, parking, all that jazz, assuming no issues with traffic. You might want to check priceline to see if you can get a deal on a hotel that's closer, the worst thing that happens is your bid gets rejected.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See if you can get a room closer than by O'Hare. Are you familiar with the train system? If so, you may be better off taking the train to Lincoln Park. It's cheaper and less of a hassle than driving in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried hotels in gold coast or river north. sometimes you can get good deals in the gold coast or river north? Sometimes you can get deals at Sutton Place or Hotel Indigo.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Hotel Sax just North of the Loop (next to House of Blues)last summer, very nice property and we got in for under $200 per night which isn't bad for Chicago. That isn't too far from where you need to be, and is super convenient for shopping, eating and the lakefront. I was very impressed how much Chicago had been cleaned up in the last 10 years or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses so far, all! I hadn't really considered the subway... but we used it last time we were there. And I'll check those alternate locations. We're trying to keep the overall expense as low as practical (without staying in an absolute dive), since it's a completely unplanned "vacation." Still, we'd like to do at least a little looking around while we're there.

How's the zoo?

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best western Hawthorn Terrace in Lakeview Chicago if it is available a queen room is about 170 / night.

I lived about 500 yards from here for 4 years, the place is handy, and quite reasonable and I would guess less than a mile or so from where ever you need to be in LP.

Its dead easy to get to from north or south of the city and less than a mile off the drive.

Andrew
Last edited by: Andrewmc: Sep 11, 07 13:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a Days Inn at Clark and Diversey. I have had some friends stay there before. It is clean and in a great location. I am not sure how much the rooms are.
Quote Reply
Re: (OT) Chicago peeps... hotel location ideas? [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That ones ok, I've stayed there, there's also another one at Diversey, Clark and Broadway which is bang on the Lakeview / Lincoln Park Line
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how cheap you're hoping to go, but try the Neighborhood Inns properties. The Willows is close to Lincoln Park and, depending on your dates, has rooms as low as $140. Very, very nice place. They have a couple other hotels in the city, too. City Suites is also nice but not as close. http://www.cityinns.com/willows/
Last edited by: Ariel: Sep 11, 07 16:20
Quote Reply