Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(Couch/Sprint/Oly/Fatness) to (Sprint, Oly, Half, Iron) Reasonable?
Quote | Reply
I'm a MOP (on a good day) athlete with 3 olys and 6 sprints under my belt. I'm stuck on deployment for at least 8 months so since I'm not going to be racing during this fall or spring and I need something to work on other than sanity preservation, I'm looking at training for Vineman. Since all but the last month of my training will be on treadmill and gym spin bikes I will therefore be fairly limited as to how much volume of training I can stand, and I'm concerned at 70.3 might not be a realistic goal.

Current plan: I have about 32 weeks left of deployment. I've spent the past 2 months building strength and conditioning base and losing weight (3-6 mile runs, 6-15 mile rides, strength and cardio training). Plan to transition to a 10-week 70.3 training plan from Sufferfest, then a 10-week stint of basic strength and conditioning again (to keep myself from stagnating/getting bored or injured - maybe throw some HIIT in as well), then jump on the free Vineman training plan through Active.com.

What do you guys think? Any tweaks I should make? Any smart way to build a good volume base without going insane on treadmills/spin bikes?

And, just so this isn't all about me, post other examples of "X" to "Y" training plans you've seen that worked/didn't work/made you laugh.
Quote Reply