Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'heavy' legs all the time...what to do?
Quote | Reply
legs feel heavy on runs & sometimes in swims when I'm pushing off walls. Even when I'm walking around the house my legs often feel 'heavy'.

am i overtrained? am i not? what should i do?..
Quote Reply
Re: 'heavy' legs all the time...what to do? [teege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you stretch regularly? You should do so every day as part of your fitness regime. I find stretching helps a lot when my legs feel "heavy".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stretch and shave.

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a couple of days off, if that doesn't work, take a couple more off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you might be over-trained. Take a few days off and while you're resting review your training plan and make sure you're putting in adequate rst days and cutback weeks.

Been there/done that. You don't wanna mess with this. Rest really is an important component of your training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take 2 days off, drink plenty of wa-wa, get adequate quality nutrition, get a good rub and stretch, sleep plenty and get a shot of some leg. Report back and let us know how you feel.

I'm serious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually when I stat feeling the heavy legs thing, it means that I need to take some days off.

However there are a couple medical conditions that can cause a heavy legs type of feeling, if you feel like this is not related to the amount of training you have been putting in you might want to consult your doc. Things like peripheral vascular disease can sometimes cause a weak/heavy sensation in the legs.

Fighting gravity on a daily basis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with days off . I also have had luck with that rolling Stick. I just roll my legs "self message" and it really makes a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had some heavy legs and ended up taking a week off of running for some PF. I still biked and swam but not running for a few days took away the heavy feeling all together.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once a day grab a book, lie on the floor with your bum against the wall and your legs straight up for about 1/2 hour. Flex your ankles while legs are elevated to help pump out the blood. Helps keep your legs fresh. But first, start with a day or two off.

J
Quote Reply