Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'emergency' Cervelo P2K frame sizing
Quote | Reply
Greetings from Sydney,

Throwing the net out to anyone who may have an opinion/recommendation regarding sizing on a Cervelo P2K frame.

I have just discovered terminal damage to my existing (non-Cervelo) frame and am planning a very rushed (but major) purchase before I got to Ironman NZ in two days time.
Local bike shop needs to order a frame in (so I haven't been able to test). Furthermore they're a new store, still waiting for their 'fitting' bike, so couldn't do much theoretical setup.
Am stuck trying to decide between 55 & 58cm frame sizes. And need to have made up my mind in about 12 hours - it's Sunday evening here at the moment.
Male. 181cm tall (6 foot), inside leg approx 89cm (35 inches), no 'unusual' proportions (that I'm aware of!)

I realise this isn't the way to do it, but am flying blind.
Quote Reply
Re: 'emergency' Cervelo P2K frame sizing [kustom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out this thread http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...p2k%206%20feet;#8967

This person is close to your size.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6' with a 35 inseam is unusual. Pretty much means you have a short-ish torso, which means you need a short-ish top tube. I am 6'0 with a 34" inseam and was fitted on a 55cm, 78 degree frame with a 530mm top tube. The P2K that has the same top tube in this geometry is a 54 with 650c wheels.

A friend of mine is 6'0 with a slightly shorter inseam and was fitted on a 55cm Caliente with a 540mm top tube.

You could probably get the 55cm to fit if you ride it at 78 and shorten the stem a little. I would steer clear of the 58 - it will be way too big.

Couple more things that may help. Was your old bike a tri bike? Did it fit? If so, why don't you post the top tube length, stem length, seat height and the arm rest drop and seat tube angle. If Tom is still in town, he may be able to confirm the frame size based on this info.
Quote Reply
Re: 'emergency' Cervelo P2K frame sizing [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You could probably get the 55cm to fit if you ride it at 78 and shorten the stem a little. I would steer clear of the 58 - it will be way too big.

Totally agree here. I'm 6 foot exactly, 88cm inseam and ride a 55cm P2K (700c) - fits me like a glove riding at around 77 degrees but needs a shortish stem. The 58cm was way too long, if you have to choose either size blind then I'd definitely be going for the 55cm.

Enjoy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 'emergency' Cervelo P2K frame sizing [camel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for comments posted. It's very likely the inseam measurement is a bit wrong - very tricky to do solo in a hurry! Further comments. Using 700c wheels. Old seat tube was steep, I was never certain about the cockpit length.

55cm is what I'm tending towards, just nervous about ending up with the frame too small.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know about the P2k, but I'm 5'8" and ride a 52c P3 w/700's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was fitted for a P2K a week ago. I'm 6', about 34" inseam, and we went with the 58 using 76 degree seatpost.

Ken Lehner

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply