Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'clean' David Millar now working with Tyler's doctor
Quote | Reply
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=4282

Hmmm...Interview with Paul Kimmage

It seems incredible to me that Millar has now announced he’s working with Luigi Cecchini; he’s telling us he’s learned his lesson and now he’s working with a man who’s has been investigated by magistrates over doping allegations.

[Cecchini was Tyler Hamilton’s ‘trainer’ at the time of the American’s infamous 2004 Vuelta positive A & B tests and positive A sample for the Olympic time trial. His name has also popped-up in the Operacion Puerto scandal.]
Quote Reply
Re: 'clean' David Millar now working with Tyler's doctor [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
once a doper always a doper.
Quote Reply
Re: 'clean' David Millar now working with Tyler's doctor [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Luigi Cecchini has coached many of the Top cyclist including Jan, Thomas Dekker and I think the following CSC riders: Fabian Cancellara (Swi), Matti Breschel (Den), Michael Blaudzun (Den) and Nicki Sörensen (Den) & Ivan Basso. I beleive he was a student of Professor Francesco Conconi long with Dr Ferrari who did much of Lances some of the other Postal/Discovery riders training - including Landis and Hincappe. It kind of seemed that if you were at the front of the bunch you were coached by either of these two Doc's. From what I understand Miller is being coached via the intermediary of Max Sciandri.

All 3 of these trainers have had a doping alligations pionted at them. The alligation by Filippo Simeoni against Ferrari is probably the most famous due to the Lance vs Simeoni fight it caused. I believe Conconi helped Mosser break the hour record which has been linked to blood doping.

However all 3 are/were also at the top of the sportscience training tree with the Conconi Test being one of the legacies -=( used for indication of an athlete’s condition or state of training) and i am sure they provide top class legitimate coacing advice. In fact one of the guys I have TT against is coached by Dr Ferrari via his 53-13 website. I guess riders like Lance and Miller both think/thought that the knowledge of training these guys have is worth the risk.
Quote Reply