Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'Geox-TMC' TT bike ?
Quote | Reply
There were several shots during today's coverage of the VaE of Mechov on his 'Geox-TMC' TT bike.
http://photos.grahamwatson.com/...t#1453831900_bqQd8Nc
To me it looks identical to a Giant Trinity Advanced SL.... except the rear brake is on the seatstay rather than by the BB.
All Rabobank riders were on standard GTASL's, so it is probably not anything new.

Wouldn't the more exposed brake be a step backwards aero-wise?
Quote Reply
Re: 'Geox-TMC' TT bike ? [sarpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When the Trinity Advanced was being developed a few years ago there were a handful of different versions floating around under the "TechDev" label, being ridden mostly by Team Columbia at the time.

This looks like one of the early frames that went on to become the Trinity we see today.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 'Geox-TMC' TT bike ? [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, being a Trinity Advanced SL owner myself, that is most definitely what it is. The goofy "through the front brake" routing of the cables is the give away.

Quote | Reply
Connect the dots - Menchov rode for Rabobank, Giant sponsored Rabobank. Likely an early version of the Trinity that Menchov kept....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 'Geox-TMC' TT bike ? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its interesting that he isnt riding a D-6.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were Fuji, I'd be pretty peeved that he rode someone else's bike and was still 2+ minutes back. That said, I'd guess that there's a new TT bike coming from Fuji in the future, so maybe they didn't mind so much?
Quote Reply