Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs...
Quote | Reply
Anyone got this or know anything about it? I have a PowerTap SL built into some Mavic Open Pro's so this is interesting to me. I emailed them a long time ago about it and they never got back to me. Apparently the company is co-owned by TJ Tollakson, who's a triathlete too. Anyone know him?

Advertised on the followign web site:

www.ltcycles.com

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Last edited by: sperera: Mar 18, 05 1:31
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be incredibly simple to build. Very, very simple to build if you have any mechanical experience.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.....so how much if you did one for me then?????

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have to think about that. The only big pain in the ass would be that I need a wheel just like what you have to build my mould from it. You're in Spain, right?
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in Gibraltar....we have a land border with Spain just like the USA and Mexico!

I have a PowerTap SL hub built into 32 spoke Mavic Open Pro. I'm sure Gary Tingley et all would be interested too!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always an education on the 'twitch. Sorry I only thought Gibraltar was only a rock, not a country...

I did close the shop to the public, but maybe if someone had your set up stateside, I could be convinced to do a very small run of these. Shipping is going to be a bear, however.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gibraltar is a Rock, yes, but it has 29,000 plus inhabitants. We're Gibraltarians and we're descended from all over the Mediterranean....mainly Genoa (Italy). Portugal, Malta, Spain etc.

My surname is Perera (Portuguese) and my mum's is Olivero (Italian) for example...we're just like the Americans.

History: In 1704 an Anglo-Dutch fleet took Gibraltar by force from a very small Spanish garrison on the Rock at the time and we have endured Sieges of all types until this day.....hey, it was the done thing at the time...didn't the Spanish have Florida at one point?

.....we're harrassed by Spain politically, as they want Gibraltar - although they're hypocrites as they have Ceuta and Melilla in Morroco, not to mention the Balearic islands etc which are miles and miles from Spain.....

.....and British Prime Minister Tony Blair is no friend to Gibraltar either - he tried to fob off a joint sovereignty agreement with Spain on us, which we rejected big tim......so we're alone against the world.

Luckily our Constitiution states we can't be 'sold off' to anyone against our wishes so we remain British, although decolonisation and independance is our ultimate aim.

That all said, on a personal level we have no quarrel with the English or the Spanish so we're not like Israel-Palestine or Northern Ireland. We get on a s normal but don't politically.....

Going back to the PowerTap business, there are many PowerTap owners out there in this forum and many in other forums, mainly: http://lists.topica.com/lists/wattage

So I am positive you would be able to shift quite a few if you made some.

As for shipping to Gibraltar, a whole wheel costs from $30 to $40 by USPS so it would be cheap!!!! I have bought ZIPP 404's, RENN 575 disc from the States in the past and the shipping has been cheap!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CH Aero makes carbon ones, too, in the United States. Must be bought directly from the company.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [SWoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I contacted the guys who posted that pic to buy one a few months back. They said they were having some trouble finding someone to manufacture them in bulk. Said they would "put me on their list" if they ever started selling them. If someone else could make them, I'm interested in buying one.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [iamkmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://lists.topica.com/lists/wattage/read/message.html?mid=909874398
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the above mentioned TJ Tollakson, and I am the inventor of the Dynamis Disc wheel. I raced with this wheel all last season and plan on using it again this year. I own a bike shop LT Cycles with my cousin and Cat III bike racer Eric Lambi. We custom manufacture these disc covers for a PowerTap hub built on a Mavic CXP33 or OpenPro wheel. I actually have a few of these disc covers in stock right now. I am reluctant to sell the covers alone because I cannont guarantee an exact fit of the cover to the wheel without personally attaching it. All of the covers are exact dimmensions but the slight variations in wheels (differences between cxp33 and openpro) are enough to deem a custom fit necessary. I will tell you that this wheel cover is fast and easy to use. One side is lenticular (non-drive) while the drive side is flat and fits under the cassette. I used this wheel to the fastest bike splits and overall amateur wins at Memphis in May, Chicago, and Age Group Nationals.

If you are interested in purchasing one of thses of covers with the understanding that you will be responsible for the custom fit, I have no problem selling one to you. I offer the best deal directly on my website you can purchase a powertap pro hub on a open pro wheel with the disc cover custom mounted for $950. This is basically buying a powertap pro wheel and getting the disc cover for free.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

TJ Tollakson

Cheers,

TJ Tollakson
http://www.tollakson.com
CEO: http://www.rustersports.com and http://www.dimondbikes.com
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [NiceTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own a wheel set of CXP33s without power tap and ultegra hubs. Will this cover fit them? If so how much?

Quote:
"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."

Saddlesore Wink

Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [NiceTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Let me know if you have any more questions.

TJ Tollakson

TJ -- as you might guess, the big question is weight. Do you have a figure for the cover and its mounting hardware?

Thanks!

Ash (curious owner of a PT wheel on an OpenPro rim)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This looks very interesting, living where the winds are too strong for the olympic sailing regatta on a regular basis, I would like more information. Is it easily removable? You mention your Web site? Any Canadian retailers??

Rick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Folks,

Sorry if I have missed some e-mails. As TJ said, we do have a few 700c covers in stock. Making sure the cover is compatible with the various rims/hubs out there is an issue, so I've been reluctant to sell to anyone not purchasing the wheel too. If you have a wheel with Open Pro or CXP33 rim and a PT or normal hub (ultegra, etc.) then the cover should work and we can probably hook you up. Cost is $125 shipped (additional charges for shipping to Gibraltar). E-mail sales@ltcycles.com if you are interested.

I don't know the exact weight but I've gotten that question so many times I guarantee I'll figure it out and have it on the web (www.ltcycles.com) next week.

Best Regards,

Eric Lambi

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
make it as a complete wheel....glue the cover on a stock wheel and have the power tap as an option. we've looked at this..........no time for it. it would be the 21st century j-disc (one that didn't rip or dent). go for it!

frank, renn multisport
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You said it is tricky to get the exact match for the cover to the wheel, so if I was to buy the Mavic open pro with Power Tap Pro from you and have you install the cover at the time of purchase, would it be possible to remove and reattach the cover myself in the future? Obviously I would want to be able to train on the wheel without the cover on.

Chris Hurrell
http://www.thecompletetriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: 'Dynamis' carbon disc wheel-cover for PowerTap hubs... [tridude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can remove the cover, it is simple. However, it does require removing the cassette.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply