Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'09 transition sizing advice needed
Quote | Reply
I am based in UK so access too FIST fitters is somewhat limited so I will present my query to this forum.
I acquired at very reasonable cost an '09 transition in size small, I have had a great deal of pleasure finding what seems to be an acceptable fit for me.
The bike has ended up without any stem spacers, a 11cm 6° stem and my aerobar elbow cup are raised 1cm above the base bar with cups in most forward setting.
The bike is a little bit front heavy in this configuration, looking at the stack and reach charts am I right in thinking that a large '09 transition would have me on a more sensible 90mm 17° stem, I ask about the large as I have found one available second hand.
Quote Reply
Re: '09 transition sizing advice needed [curly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am based in UK so access too FIST fitters is somewhat limited so I will present my query to this forum.
I acquired at very reasonable cost an '09 transition in size small, I have had a great deal of pleasure finding what seems to be an acceptable fit for me.
The bike has ended up without any stem spacers, a 11cm 6° stem and my aerobar elbow cup are raised 1cm above the base bar with cups in most forward setting.
The bike is a little bit front heavy in this configuration, looking at the stack and reach charts am I right in thinking that a large '09 transition would have me on a more sensible 90mm 17° stem, I ask about the large as I have found one available second hand.

It sounds like you answered your own question, but yes, you are correct in your assessment of sizing.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: '09 transition sizing advice needed [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Rappstar, I suppose I had answered my own question but I wanted to verify that I was interpreting the stack and reach chart correctly which you have kindly confirmed that I have.
Quote Reply