Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'09 PT SL+ won't recognize hub
Quote | Reply
anybody ever had any issues with this?

Have an '09 PowerTap SL+, bought used.

Changed all the batteries yesterday to get a clean slate, and can't get the computer to recognize the hub.

The head unit picks up the HR fine, but no matter if I try 'learn 1' or 'learn 2', I can't get the transmission icon, or the head unit to recognize the hub.

No other powertaps in area. Have other bike pc's/magnets, but none of them are turned on.

I am going to try to leave work early to get ahold of Saris soon, but who knows if/when that will work.

Thought are appreciated.

Ed
Quote Reply
Re: '09 PT SL+ won't recognize hub [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the latest firmware on the Cervo?

The other possibility is that you didn't properly reseat the battery pack when you changed the batteries.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried this:
[/url]Why isn’t my computer (CPU) showing watts?
Does the word WATTS appear on the CPU? If not, scroll the arrows down to the bottom line on the CPU. Press select to C (cadence). Press and hold down the select button for three seconds, until the word WATTS appears. Make sure you are not in AV WATTS or MX WATTS mode.
Quote Reply
Re: '09 PT SL+ won't recognize hub [theriad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Have you tried this:
Why isn’t my computer (CPU) showing watts?
Does the word WATTS appear on the CPU? If not, scroll the arrows down to the bottom line on the CPU. Press select to C (cadence). Press and hold down the select button for three seconds, until the word WATTS appears. Make sure you are not in AV WATTS or MX WATTS mode.
That would be relevant, except the hub id is not showing up in the learn 1 or learn 2 screens.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: '09 PT SL+ won't recognize hub [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oups, I'll have to finish reading the post next time ;-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In regards to firmware, no idea actually.
First time using this unit. So have not ever plugged into PC, or loaded any software yet. Perhaps this could be an issue.
But even if a version or two old, head unit should still see hub, no?

As far as batteries, they were brand new out of the package, so I assume they work.
Tried the Learn2 option a few times, so the battery pack was re-inserted a few times. I'll dbl check that, but it felt in all the way.

Main screen says Watts, so I know it's not in cycle computer mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In regards to firmware, no idea actually.
First time using this unit. So have not ever plugged into PC, or loaded any software yet. Perhaps this could be an issue.
But even if a version or two old, head unit should still see hub, no?

As far as batteries, they were brand new out of the package, so I assume they work.
Tried the Learn2 option a few times, so the battery pack was re-inserted a few times. I'll dbl check that, but it felt in all the way.

Main screen says Watts, so I know it's not in cycle computer mode.
When you first turn on the computer, what # comes up? (bottom of the screen. Should say 7.60, if you have the latest.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't think to write that down & bring it to work with me.
Assuming it's an older version & I need to update, you think that might have something to do with it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some reason about two weeks ago my Powertap SL+ stopped transmitting to a Garmin 705. It had been working flawlessly since December 2008. I tried everything, resetting the 705 every way possible to recognize the hub, new batteries, updated firmware etc. and nothing worked. I sent it back to Saris and I just found out today that they replaced the internals of the hub and have sent it back to me.

Hope your issue is something else.
Quote Reply
Re: '09 PT SL+ won't recognize hub [TrekNC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me too. thanks.
going to load the software when i get home, update the version on the head unit, and try it all again.
then hopefully saris' service line will still be open if i have more issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saris customer support has been fantastic. They have been very responsive and I will have only been without the wheel about 8 days total. I have been very happy dealing with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That happened with my 09 PT except it cut out during a ride. I took the battery clip out of the hub and reinserted back in and that solved the problem. Not sure if this is your problem, but it might be worth checking to make sure that it is properly seated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Their support is great, their hours aren't. IIRC, 8-5 central time - A problem if you have a job too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simple firmware issue.
Was on 5.67, now am up to 7.60.
As expected, based on everyone's comments, Saris' customer support was quick, polite, and clearly got the issue fixed.

So thanks to Rapp & everybody else for taking the time to offer your help, you were spot on.

Ed
Quote Reply
Re: '09 PT SL+ won't recognize hub [Andrew V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Their support is great, their hours aren't. IIRC, 8-5 central time - A problem if you have a job too.
Fortunately, my hours are better than that. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Can you sent me a replacement resistance unit for my Powerbeam? Saris is being slow. That, or the delivery company took the weekend off, then Columbus day...
Quote Reply
Re: '09 PT SL+ won't recognize hub [Andrew V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Can you sent me a replacement resistance unit for my Powerbeam? Saris is being slow. That, or the delivery company took the weekend off, then Columbus day...
"This is service. You need the parts department. Please hold, I'll transfer you..." ;)

Quote Reply