Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'09 Cervelo Availability?
Quote | Reply
Can't find an '08 54 P2C or P3C in my size from the places I generally deal with, and they aren't sure when '09 will show up. Any ideas on the '09 availability of the P2 or P3?
Quote Reply
Re: '09 Cervelo Availability? [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recieved a pretty complete size run of 2009 P2 framesets and bikes today (including 54's).

2008 P3C's aren't that hard to come by either.
I have a size run of them.

Tomorrow I get my first S3 Ltd (a 58) and a 56 S3 Ltd next week.

Cervelo is shipping new product througout Nov / Dec and into the new year.

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From someone that has spent the past few weeks looking for a 54 P2C, best of luck. Pretty much every place that I've called is sold out of them, and I've called a bunch.

probikekit.com had a P2C frameset in a 54" that I almost bought yesterday. But after talking to Cervelo, I discovered that their warranties are regional, and not global. I talked to customer support and they informed me that if I ever did have a warranty issue, a US dealer could deny me service and I could potentially have to ship my bike back to the UK to have serviced. It's not worth the risk to me.

I didn't think P3Cs were that hard to come by. I know my LBS has one in a 54", but I don't know if you're looking for a complete bike or frameset? The good news on the P3C front is that prices are staying the same from 2008 to 2009. Unfortunately, they're going up $200 across the board on the P2C.

Good luck with your search.
Quote Reply
Re: '09 Cervelo Availability? [Drinyth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not kidding. I ordered a 58 P2C last Sunday and since then I've watched the inventory at online retailers disappear with surprising speed. Glad that I jumped in while I did. Best of luck finding one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/display/2866

Cervélo P2 Carbon Ultegra, Complete Bike 2008

All sizes in stock

ON SALE

Frame Size: 48cm Grey/White/Black, 51cm Grey/White/Black, 54cm Grey/White/Black, 56cm Grey/White/Black, 58cm Grey/White/Black, 61cm Grey/White/Black
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry. I should have noted that I was looking for a frameset only.

The DA builds (white/red/black frames) seem to be dwindling pretty quickly. There do seem to be a decent number of grey/black Ultegra bikes though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But after talking to Cervelo, I discovered that their warranties are regional, and not global.[/quote]
so how big are these so-called "regions"? were they basically telling you that if you lived in the UK and then moved to the USA, or lived in new york and then moved to calif., and bought your frameset from an authorized cervelo dealer, you can only get warranty coverage at the original dealer where you bought it ?! WTF ?!

that seems totally insane.

then, add to that, what exactly happens if the original shop goes out of business, or terminates their relationship with cervelo, who do you ship the bike to then? that is a bizarre warranty explanation you got from them. and reading their warranty on their website, i see no mention of "regions" or any limitations pertaining to them.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: '09 Cervelo Availability? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just trying to describe what I'm told. :)

I do very much recall the CS rep say that the LBS could deny assisting with the warranty claim. Not necessarily that I would or would not be denied a warranty claim. I seem to recall reading someplace on ST that Cervelo has structured its policies and contracts around wanting to help keep LBSs in business. I can also see that it's in Cervelo's best interest that you go to a certified Cervelo LBS dealer for fitting as well as maintenance.

That said, I do see your point and would hope that Cervelo would make accomodations for someone that did buy a bike in one country and then moved to another. I'm guessing they handle the odd cases like these on a case by case basis and decide what to do? As far as the verbage of the warranty itself, I think it's in the dealer contract on who they're allowed to sell to. At this time, I believe only two shops are authorized to sell internationally and that other LBS that sell internationally are technically in breach of their dealer contract. So while the warranty maybe reads that I should be covered since I'm buying from an authorized dealer, technically that authorized dealer wasn't supposed to sell to me in the first place. If someone wanted to take that to court, I'm guessing that they'd side with the buyer and the seller would be in some trouble?

In any case, I'm guessing that in the cases of moving or the cases where an LBS went out of business after the fact, that Cervelo would still honor its lifetime warranty. Purely a guess on my part, but they seem like a reputable company so I have no reason to believe otherwise. All in all, I had a pleasant conversation with a Cervelo customer service rep who was very polite and professional. I first called them because I couldn't find the dealer where I was going to make my purchase from on their list of authorized dealerships. I just wanted to make sure they were an authorized dealer, but in talking to them at greater length the conversation I had was enough to dissuade me from making the purchase from overseas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sorry. I should have noted that I was looking for a frameset only.

The DA builds (white/red/black frames) seem to be dwindling pretty quickly. There do seem to be a decent number of grey/black Ultegra bikes though.
Looking for frameset only too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pardon me if it came across wrong, i totally understand that you are simply posting what they told you. my surprise is not at all in what you are saying, but more what the comedians at cervelo told you. because the fact is, probikekit is selling the frames internationally, and it's pretty plain for all to see, including cervelo. if the shop is doing it in violation of a dealer agreement, how in the heck could a good-faith buyer possibly know that ?

i can just imagine a bike dealer welcoming this comment from a customer:
"uh, i am ready to buy this cervelo, but can i read your dealer contract first? i wanna make sure you're not violating any dealer agreements." ( !! )

right, like a dealer would agree to that.

while i do not doubt the accuracy of your account of what they said, the folks at cervelo sure told you a strange yarn. if what they told you is truly correct, i would think it would have to be in writing somewhere. and when i read their warranty, i see only one major conditional item: the bike/frame must have been purchased at an authorized cervelo dealer. period. no mention of regional limitations or any of that baloney.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a 54 cm P3C frameset still in it's box. Give us a shout if you're interested and we can tell you the current price for it.

-Darrell

Quote Reply
Re: '09 Cervelo Availability? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Greg,

I presume a misunderstanding here. There are no "regions" of warranty. What is correct is that in first instance, the dealer responsible for handling a warranty is the dealer that sold the product, which is not always very convenient for the consumer (although there are also internationally operating bike shops that do this very well and make it very low hassle for the consumer). Now, I know many dealers who will do a warranty on product they didn't sell, especially if as you say somebody moved. But I am sure you also know there are dealers who are not too thrilled with the "I saved $100 buying these wheels from Timbuktu, now they are broken, please warranty them for me". While I think that this is usually not the best approach for a dealer, it is true that part of the margin they make on a sale covers their effort, cost and time when after-sales service of any kind is needed. If they didn't get the sale, that margin isn't there (notwithstanding the fact that they may gain a customer for life if they do take care of the warranty and show what he value of a local store is).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: '09 Cervelo Availability? [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Did you get any P4s? If not, when do you expect to get them?

tHANKS
Quote Reply
Re: '09 Cervelo Availability? [Greg@SDXTrainin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,
Did you get any P4s? If not, when do you expect to get them?

tHANKS
Any more info on when the P4s will be available?

CyclingTechnology.com -- High Performance and Lightweight Bicycle Parts and Accessories
Quote Reply