Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'08 Specialized Tarmac question: diff b/t models
Quote | Reply
Could someone help explain the diff b/t the SL, Pro SL? if exists, and just the Pro? SL is lighter I assume, does that just come in the 'Pro SL' version. Also, what is the SL2, that just come out in 2009? Thanks in advance.

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Re: '08 Specialized Tarmac question: diff b/t models [rundutch22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Could someone help explain the diff b/t the SL, Pro SL? if exists, and just the Pro? SL is lighter I assume, does that just come in the 'Pro SL' version. Also, what is the SL2, that just come out in 2009? Thanks in advance.

The SL3 is the new model. Then there is now some trickle down. So the old SL2 is now the new Pro (I think).

So in some cases, you have totally different bikes. And in some cases, it's just a difference in layup between models.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: '08 Specialized Tarmac question: diff b/t models [rundutch22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2008 S Works Tarmac SL uses the same carbon (Specialized's 10r) as the 2009 and 2010 Pro SL. The 2008 SL2 has 11r carbon, the more hi-mod version, as does the 2009 and 2010. In a nutshell, the '09 and '10 Pro bikes have the same frame layup as an '08 S Works SL. Also different construction techniques between models/years.
Last edited by: zak: Dec 16, 09 15:58
Quote Reply