Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'08 & '09 specialized transition questions
Quote | Reply
Do they run smaller than Cervelo?

Opinions, likes, dislikes?

For those who own one, did you go with the zero setback seatpost or the standard setback seatpost? Why did you choose the one you did?

Anything else that is good to know about the bike.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: '08 & '09 specialized transition questions [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
08 Specialized are here:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach.html

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: '08 & '09 specialized transition questions [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Using the search function will bring up a wide range of answers to your Q's.

That being said: Check the differences in stack and reach between the 2 bikes, by most accounts the Specialized is less reach for a given stack. The effective head tube height is taller than listed for the Spec, because you must run a cable stop in the steering system and it will limit how low the stem can run (and still have room for brake cable housing run)

The seatpost Q is purely individual to the rider, I prefer my saddle to be at 79 degrees whether I am on my P3 or a Specialized (so I go with the less offset post) Run the post that gives you your favored set-back.

I personally do not like BB30 in my personal fleet, so I went with the Pro frame so that I could run my DA cranks. Your needs and wishes may differ.

I do not find the Specialized working for riders under 5-5. No 650c and too tall front end kill it for the vertically challenged.

Certainly a top 5 pick for most people
cheers
tp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'o8 Expert here. Subjectively, I love mine. I have the setback seatpost. Can get UCI or "forward FIST" with it. Could not get UCI with non-setback post.

No idea about comparisons to Cervelo, never been on one.

http://bryanlh.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 09 S works and love it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be
Quote Reply
Re: '08 & '09 specialized transition questions [TomP_imc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The effective head tube height is taller than listed for the Spec, because you must run a cable stop in the steering system and it will limit how low the stem can run (and still have room for brake cable housing run)
Yes, but it may be partially alleviated by some "problem solver cable hangers" that let the cable to make a quick 90 deg turn.
Quote Reply