Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'07 Tour of California?
Quote | Reply
I'm driving down from the soggy NW to see the the first couple of stages of the Tour of CA.
Not sure exactly what I want to take in besides the Sierra rd climb. More importantly I want to get in 3 to 5 days of good riding with hills preferred. Any suggestions about where to ride in the area of the first couple of stages and good places to stay? Could you get in 3 or 4 days of good rides (100 miles or so) just in and around Milpitas?
Quote Reply
Re: '07 Tour of California? [Roberto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got bad news dude.

Check the 07 course.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: '07 Tour of California? [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have yet to see anything past stage 1 of '07 online. Just figured there had to be a good climb included some where on the North end of the tour. Is there a link available for the rest of the stages?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Route/map.html

edit: I just saw were the Stage Routes are not updated. Sorry.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: cvillatri: Nov 29, 06 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: '07 Tour of California? [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear Mt. Hamilton is a good climb...

http://www.inl.org/bicycle/hamilton.html

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or, if you make it to the Seaside Stage start you can do the Big Sur Ride route and 11,000 feet of climbing (only the portion along Highway 1 is part of the Stage Route).

http://www.cypressgroup.org/bigsur.htm

Chris

Chris
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Stockton to San Jose stage would be awesome if it went up Diablo to the junction and up Hamilton.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff guys. Looks like a great place to ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be a nice shot of the peloton snaking down Mt Hamilton into San Jose. I don't now how many spectators will be out there on the back side of Hamilton though. The Sierra climb was nice last year due to the proximity to the city's population....many fans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty and Slowman live about 50 miles from Santa Clarita. The riding out there is amazing. You could crash at Monty's Bed & Breakfast. PM Monty, I bet he can help you put a great trip together.
Quote Reply