Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'05 Litespeed Blade
Quote | Reply
  I recently had the opportunity to ride 3 titanium tri bikes: LS Blade, QR Ti-Phoon, GURU Aero-Ti. For whatever reason I have been "fixated" on getting a Ti bike. I had thought that I was going to like the GURU best, yet ended up being most impressed by the Blade with regards to its design, ride, and appearance. I have been curious as to why I don't see many posts about this bike. What am I missing?
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [TriMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing. It's a very, very good frame. I'd say my favorite all-ti frame. The Guru Aero-Ti has carbon stays.

Remember though, basing a buying decision on a test ride is identical to basing a marriage on one date. Your talking about "how it felt" not "how it fits" and the two can be very, very different.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom-

Great points as always. I am bothered by the fact that you feel you have to qualify your posts by saying you have a business selling tri-products. Your input on this forum is always in my opinion informative and unbiased so keep it up. I only wish you had a shop in the Northwest! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the lightspeed blade lost a little popularity in the last couple of years with a couple of incarnations that didn't do to well. The new 05 blade is really really nice looking at least in the online pics I've seen. Not only do bikes now need to be aero but they need to be light and aero. Seems like the new blade does that more competitively than the blade of old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CYA (cover your ass). He has to do this CYA thing because otherwise, some jerk(s) in this forum will jump all over his ass saying that his opinion is biased. It's the world that we live in and even though it is unfortunate, he is making his life much, much easier with that disclaimer.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great bike. i think the tiphoon is a very slightly better handling bike if you're going to ride it steep. i'm riding a tiphoon this year. i noodled both bikes pretty carefully before making that decision.

i also, btw, thought it would come down (for me) to the same three bikes you picked from. all 3 would be great bikes to own.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Yaqui?

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No Yaqui?"

i'm going to spend about 2/3 of my year on a road bike, and about 1/3 on a tri bike. ever since riding herbert's blade i've been thinking i need to give one of those bikes a go. but i'm going to ride a new mandaric as the road bike. i've got 3 of his road bikes already, but he's really antsy to get me to ride a new bike that i think has a carbon rear triangle entirely. so, why not? plus, i need 2cm more of head tube and i want to go to 72° of seat angle (my current bike is 73°). no big deal, but as long as i'm going to get a new one i'll get just what i want.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had Litespeed build my blade custom.......I picked the tubes and geometry.......worked out great!

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [IronZ06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you work?
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Where do you work?[/reply]

In Atlanta.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol, I meant what's your job?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]lol, I meant what's your job?[/reply]

OHHHHH..... I am a real estate broker/investor mostly.....but have doing working as a model and actor for about 20 years. www.sambean.com.

why?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohh so you're one of those people who always appear in Lifestyle magazines =P
I always thought they were random people, but I guess not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a '03 Blade - I love it and IMHO its the best looking Blade ever made. If I'd buy a new ti bike now I'd buy a Ti-Phoon because I like the look better. Qualitywise they are the same I'd say.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Random professionals....... ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Delta Airlines print ad is outstanding! I do a lot of work as a copywriter and that's the kind of stuff I'd be really proud of to conceive.

As for the Blade, I think it's suffered from a backlash at the silly design it took on a couple years ago with that wind scoop for a top tube. Tom's review of that bike was absolutely correct.
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [Mookie1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]That Delta Airlines print ad is outstanding! I do a lot of work as a copywriter and that's the kind of stuff I'd be really proud of to conceive.

As for the Blade, I think it's suffered from a backlash at the silly design it took on a couple years ago with that wind scoop for a top tube. Tom's review of that bike was absolutely correct.[/reply]

Hey! Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hi there,

I have attached the most current image of the Blade with a section of the shop in the background. Regarding the question of changing designs, we are indeed constantly trying to improve all of our designs, but it is certainly not just for change sake. We want the customers to have the best performing bikes possible.

Herbert

Litespeed/QR

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a custom Blade that was in stock back in 2000 at Bicycle Sports. It was made as a replica to LA's. I have enjoyed it so much I had LS make a custom to the same specs as a fixed gear. (I like to TT with a fixed gear) I have to say that getting a custom through LS was an easy process and I think I figured it came out to approx $400 upcharge for a custom. Let me see if I can attach some pics here...

This one's got the track dropouts...

Crappy phone pic as it is today. Just need the bars...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a review slated to go up on our site, oh, when it slows down enough for me to get it up on the site...

In the mean time here are a couple teaser photos of the high points of the bikes design and workmanship.

The older versions of the Blade reflected the technology of the time and that technology was in a state of change. Refinement made it better. The Blade you see now is the product of a lot of good, hard work on the part of the people at ABG, and the product shows the results. The new Blade for 2005 is excellent, it is such a dramatic improvement over previous model years one wonders if a model name change may have been appropriate.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my god, my pants are getting tighter! Nice pictures Tom! That is exactly the set up I have ordered.
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Litespeed Blade [nix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Nix,
I am not sure if you are still around to respond to the Slowtwitch Forum. I like your Litespeed Blade so much especially it looks great in white color. Do you still have it and are you selling it? Please respond, thank you.

I like to share with you on mine:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/
http://www.flickr.com/...s/maxtbicycle/page3/

-Max T

Life is short, enjoy, love, peace!

Click here to download more bicycles in maximum resolution:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/

`

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: May 23, 13 2:51
Quote Reply