Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
'05 GURU price list
Quote | Reply
   After the recent "tease" from the '05 GURU catalog, has anyone seen a price list?
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU price list [TriMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup, i'm from the north so its in canadian...but what would you like to know the price of? give me models and i'll see what i can shed some light on.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU price list [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm most interested in the price of the new Carbon Crono frame that you showed us in the new catalog. I can convert Canadian to US and in fact am tempted to purchase the bike in Canada if there is a retailer in Vacouver since there does not appear to be one in the Pacific NW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the tri-lite & cron'alu?
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU price list [jacksdad1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-lite and cron-alu at the different component levels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   Alright, I'm shooting my own post back to the top of the forum. I need to know whether I will have to sell one of my children to afford the new GURU Carbon Crono.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay, sorry guys...been away from the shop for a couple of days since i first posted and the price list is there. can't give prices on the new cronalu yet, but i can give ball park on the new crono.

keep in mind this is in CANADIAN dollars. do your own conversions. frame/fork only...@$6400CAD.

complete bike with ultegra is @$7200, complete with dura ace is @8400. i'm back in the shop tomorrow so look for exact prices on all tri models to be posted in the afternoon my time.

my email is posted in my profile. feel free to get in touch with me if you have any more specific questions. and no i don't work for guru, just a shop that sells them, but i seriously believe in them, more so now that i've been to the factory.

i saw them making a crono with my own eyes...

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure there is no retailer in Van area as I looked for one a few years back. One of the two stores in White Rock use to carry them but that was a few years ago, dont know if they ever had any in stock. I talked to Guru direct and they were willing to sell direct where there is no local retailer. Recently I saw some of the 04 models up close (IM MOO expo) the Ti look really well made (at least from an untrained eye). If I was in the market for a Ti tri bike I would give them a call, especially in Van area your only choice would be litespeed at Campione or La Bicc.

Re: '05 GURU price list [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ya, we did a couple of triti's for '04. awesome ride. very well made and the clients are super happy. we also do a fair number of ti road and they even did a custom ti hybrid for a client. all well made with very happy riders on them.

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has the Cron'alu frame changed at all from 2004 or are the changes strictly component?
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU price list [JohnInRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I train and mostly ride a Litespeed Vortex (their claimed top of the line 6/4 titanium road race bike). My tri bike is the lowest model Guru there is (the Cron'alu) and I absolutely love it (looking for a newer, high-end tri bike early next year - waiting on all '05 new comers, but that Crono is my short list). I can't emphasize enough their craftmanship, even compared w/ Litespeed's excellent welds. Paint is impeccable with their graphics under the clear coat. The only drawback for some (not me) is that their "stock" frames are not very steep in the seat angle (of course, the beauty of Guru is that they can custom make anything, even in the Cron'Alu price range.) You may have to wait a bit for your bike though and dealers are very hard to locate in many areas.

Quote | Reply
Oh my god! It looks like I will be selling two of my offspring. Thanks for the information. I get the sense that GURU bikes albeit expensive, are worth the investment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a fellow physician, I concur with that. I still have 2 children left: both blond hair/blue eyes, so they should fetch a bundle on the open market ;)

You will not be disappointed with ANY of the Guru bikes. In fact, I would wager that they don't have a "cheap" model in the line-up. That crono is begging to me though. I'm sure my local bike shop will be happy to see me (again). I'm sure I won't be any faster on it, but I guess it is the same reason I drive a car that costs more than any vehicle rightfully should.

Re: '05 GURU price list [JohnInRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the cron'alu has undergone a couple of changes...more aero seat tube with slight cut out and an extended aero seat tube mast as well as aero seat stays, for pretty much the same price as last year.

for those who didn't see it first time around

www.gurubikes.com/gurubikescatalog2005.pdf

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as of today that means an ultegra build would run $5666USD ... damn, i've got to start having some kids so i can sell 'em off ...

that is the most superfreakyultrasexy piece of carbonfiber i've ever set eyes on ... !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the TriLite going for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay, i'm at the shop, price list in hand, so here goes...

CRONO FRAME/FORK ONLY, $6490

CRONO ULTEGRA, $7095

CRONO DURA ACE,$8250

TRILITE FRAME/FORK ONLY, $3120

TRILITE ULTEGRA, $4140

TRILITE DURA ACE,$5325

CRON'ALU FRAME/FORK ONLY, $1785

CRON'ALU 105, $2275

CRON'ALU ULTEGRA, $2890

CRON'ALU DUR ACE, $4285

please keep in mind that these are all in CANADIAN DOLLARS, and are FULL MSRP.

any more questions?

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian:

First and foremost, thank you for the information on GURU bikes. I presumed that you worked for GURU given your knowledge base. Since there is no GURU retailer in the Pacific Northwest it arguably doesn't matter where I get the bike and I would like to get your shop's address and phone #. Lastly, do you know the price of the Aero-Ti and is it any different from last years model?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
please keep in mind that these are all in CANADIAN DOLLARS
I was a little dumbstruck until I saw that ;)

Ian,

Nice to see you on here. I bought a custom Guru Crono from you (custom paint as well - blue and yellow - the same colours as your shop uses) back in 2001, and I still love it.

I was thinking of having it repainted, as the paint has some chips in it. Does Guru offer this service? If so, how much is it?

Thanks,

Mike

p.s. for those of you who don't know, Ian works for Gears Bikes in Mississauga - I would recommend his shop to anyone living in the area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike!! Good to hear from you and thanks for the vote of confidence. Glad to hear you are still loving your bike. As for repaint, they can do it, it will probably run around $300ish, and you will probably be without your frame for 3-4 weeks. Give me a shout and we can discuss this further.

Ian

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greetings TriMD. Glad to hear you are interested in the line up. Our address is 176 Lakeshore Rd West in Mississauga On. phone #905 271 2400. my business email is gearsmanager@hotmail.com. feel free to get in touch with me. as for pricing on the aero ti, dura ace, $8140 ultegra,$6975 frame/fork, $5935.

hope this helps.

Ian

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian - I will be in touch.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for TriMD, i forgot to answer...the aero ti is not undergoing any changes for next year. they (and I) love it just the way it is.

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else notice that the new Carbon Crono looks like a rip off of a Look KG 486.

I am not putting it down or anything...It's just an observation.

Guru's "05" line looks impressive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next