Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'05 GURU Aero-Ti
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the '05 Aero-Ti is different from their '04 model. The decals are different on their website, but that looks like the only difference. Would appreciate comments as to whether the extra $1000+ is worth it as compared to the '05 LS Blade or the '05 QR Ti-Phoon. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU Aero-Ti [TriMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the '04 model at Ironman New Zealand and about 6 other races. That is a truly, truly excllent bike. I absolutely loved mine. Rave reviews for the bike and for Guru in general. A very, very fie company and quite unique in the grand scheme of things.

If you want a paint scheme from the '04 model year on an '05 bike the guys at Guru can do it for you no problem. For that matter, just about any paint scheme you want they can do within reason- especially various combinations from their catalog.

With the exception of the fork spec from a painted, re-branded Reynolds Ouzo Pro to an Alpha-Q the Aero-Ti remains the same as it was in '04.

As well it should. I have ridden the Tiphoon, a very good, "Russian Mig" of a bike if there ever was one. And the Blade (The new Blade is absolutely superb), the Saber, the Tri-Ti also.

I like the Aero-Ti since it has a delightfully stiff feel, is responsive and plenty comfortable enough for 112 miles on rough chip and seal pavement in New Zealand. It was an excellent bike.

I bought titanium then because I wanted a super bombproof, durable bike that would never succumb in a flight case to damage on the way to New Zealand.

My next Guru is a new '05 Trilite, already ordered, and a new Guru Carbonio Tri, also ordered.

The carbon stays set the Aero-Ti appart from the other offerings. To me, it would be a toss-up between an Aero-Ti and a new Litespeed Blade. If you want some extra "heft" and guts with a little more rigid rear end, go for the Blade. You can get custom paint too from Litespeed and their paint work is great. If you want a little "quieter" ride you might like the Aero-Ti.

All great bikes. Dependning on how things shake out, a new '05 Litespeed Blade custom painted Lime Green may be in my future too.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU Aero-Ti [TriMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU Aero-Ti [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom:

A couple of questions re: Guru / IMNZ bike course:

1. How is Guru customer service? I live in TX and there are no dealers in the state. Purchasing one would most likely involve a trip up to your shop.

2. I have a cervelo one (old black - yellow frame) - what are your thoughts on how that aluminum frame will feel on the NZ course?

Thanks!

c
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU Aero-Ti [chris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Jack and Adam's Bicycle Shop in Austin and Roger Soler Sports in San Antonio (depending which city is closer to you) both carry Guru.
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU Aero-Ti [chris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Chris,

Happy Holidays to you my friend.

Our expereince with Guru customer service has been substantially better than every other bike company with perhsps one exception with whom I consider them tied.

We work with Robert P. at Guru and he is outstanding. I shoud preface my comments with the qualifier that we are not the easiest account to work with. But Guru does an outstanding job.

Their communication and follow through is the standard of the industry. I have no reservations and make no apologies for gushing about their service and product. It's why we buy it.

If you contact Guru direct I am certain they can put you in touch with a dealer much closer to you. You are certainly welcomed to come up for a visit- we'll even take you out to dinner- but that is a significant investment in time (not to mention the cash). I am certain their are good Guru dealers in Texas. If there aren't, this might be an opportunity for one of your more local shops to come on board with Guru. They will be glad they did. How close are you to our friends at Bikesport, Houston, Texas? They are a fine shop in the Bikesport tradition.

About the aluminum: Well, if I had ridden my beloved Cannondale IM2000 frame at IMNZ I know I would have had a good ride. A Cervelo P3 would have been a good choice on that course too. They are both exceptionally comfortable and fit me quite well. I wanted a little higher position in my cockpit (bars a little higher) for better digestion on the bike and the Guru had a higher head tube than the Cervelo P3 and even a little higher than the Cannondale, which I didn't even have yet. Also, as I may have mentioned before, the titianum was attractive to me becasue this was an important race 1/2 way around the world and I wanted to be certain the bike would survivie the trip in my flight case.

I hope that helps.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: '05 GURU Aero-Ti [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How close are you to our friends at Bikesport, Houston, Texas? They are a fine shop in the Bikesport tradition.

Tom, is that a kind of franchise/chain situation? Or merely a coincidence? I know that in the field of experience and customer service Bikesport Michigan is unique.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply