Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'05 Cervelo Frame Weights: P2k, P3, and P3SL
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know approximately how much these frames weigh in a 58cm? Specifically, is the P2k frame lighter than the P3? What do the Chord Forks weigh?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Cervelo Frame Weights: P2k, P3, and P3SL [Monopolisf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, but what's with all the concern lately about the weight of Cervelos?

Do these people think that a lb or so extra combined rider/bike ride is going to make any difference? Go on Analytical Cycling site and plug in the numbers and you'll see how irrelevant weight really is unless you expect to be pushing Lance up the Alps.

With tri/TT bikes it's not about weight but aerodynamics that matters.

But to answer your question, seems I did read somewhere that the P2K is marginally lighter than the alumininium P3 fame. Apparently the rear wheel cut out on the P3 adds a few grams. Not sure where the carbon P3 is, but I'd seriously doubt if it's a lot lighter. The carbon TCR frame is only marginally lighter than the aluminium version for example.
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Cervelo Frame Weights: P2k, P3, and P3SL [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cervelo site says that the P3C is 1/2 pound lighter than the SL. I believe I read somewhere that the SL is 100g lighter than the regular P3. So this translates to 0.72 pounds difference between regular and carbon. I don't know if these weights are actual or just claimed.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Cervelo Frame Weights: P2k, P3, and P3SL [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aparently Gerard thinks it matters or he wouldn't be touting the lighter weight of the P3C.Just for the record,I don't think it matters for most of us.
Cullen
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Cervelo Frame Weights: P2k, P3, and P3SL [Cullen Watkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Aparently Gerard thinks it matters or he wouldn't be touting the lighter weight of the P3C."

I think the word you're looking for is "marketing".

IMO, the biggest two advantages of the carbon version in decending order would be a better shock absorption ride for long distances followed by slightly better aerodynamics.

The .75 lb weight difference is negligible, even to the CSC guys.
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Cervelo Frame Weights: P2k, P3, and P3SL [Monopolisf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to duathlon.com, the P3 weights 3.1lbs(1407g).
That would make the P3 SL 2.88lbs(1307g) and the P3C 2.38lbs( 1081g)
Quote Reply
Re: '05 Cervelo Frame Weights: P2k, P3, and P3SL [Cullen Watkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Aparently Gerard thinks it matters or he wouldn't be touting the lighter weight of the P3C.Just for the record,I don't think it matters for most of us. "

No, apparently Gerard thinks it matters to some of his potential customers.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply