Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'04 Felt B2 frameset, or other $1200ish framesets?
Quote | Reply
Who's riding or has tested/ridden an '04 Felt B2? (Not necessarily the built version from Felt, with Zipps and CarbonX). I'm looking to snag the frameset, but haven't seen or heard much about it from actual consumers. I know it's a great frameset, but are there any other framesets out there that you would consider "better" for that money ($1200)? Thanks much

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: '04 Felt B2 frameset, or other $1200ish framesets? [Andrew_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told the first B2 (for our store) was shipped to us this morning from Felt. One of their shipping managers had 315 bikes to get out today to an enormous number of seperate vendors. I've heard reports of a few bike shops on the West Coast who have had a few B2s, most notably Nytro, who is very close to the Felt warehouse (they pick up their Felt inventory in their own truck I am told).

It will interesting to see this bike when it arrives.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: '04 Felt B2 frameset, or other $1200ish framesets? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see. Apparently the framesets are readily available in all sizes, but it's been the complete bikes that seem to be a rare (and hot) ticket. Will there likely be a review by yourself or Bikesport on that first B2, or is it going directly to a customer's hands? Thanks Tom.
Quote Reply
Re: '04 Felt B2 frameset, or other $1200ish framesets? [Andrew_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There might not be much point in reviewing the bike since it came and went so fast.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up an '04 S22. Really like the bike but don't have that much time on it. Still trying to get the bike adjusted. It's a big big change from my LeMond.

I was kind of bummed I couldn't get the B2 frame because I really wanted the black frame (it's the same frame used on the S22). Each model FELT only comes in one color.

I did see the B2 at Nytro and man, it's a sweet looking frame. The flat black is awesome.

Mike

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would consider the Cervelo P2K, Softride Classic, and an Elite Magnus to be comparable frames. It's hard to say one is better than the other as they're all very different.

A 5th option would be a custom frame. You should be able to get a steel or aluminum frameset from a small builder at about that same price.
Quote Reply