Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [olddude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike,

Thank you again. He will be one of the one's that I will definitely be making contact with.

Best regards,

J

Jehovah and family unity above all.
Quote Reply
Re: [the_punisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, overlooked your post. Thank you for the information. Will be doing some research over the weekend.

Respectfully,

J

Quote Reply
Re: [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It actually felt like if I was having a brain melt down yesterday. Alot of information to absorb and to be honest some of it goes right over my head and therefore need to read 2 or 3 times to start grasping the idea. At this point and time I would rather seek some one who is knowledgeable, who can do the measurments and can get me into the right bike. However, I'll continue with my search to my questions. Knowledge never hurt anyone. Thank you for taking the time to post. Greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

J

Last edited by: VelocityDriven: Jan 29, 10 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: [AMT04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AMT04, jonny bonk, Red Devil,

Mr. Britton's name keeps coming up. He must be doing something right. I'll be contacting him as well. Thank you for your input.

Restpectfully,

J

Quote Reply
Re: [andrej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrej,

Thank you for the link. Alot of kind people here willing to share a wealth of information. Information I very much need. Thank you again. Will make sure to make the time to read it over the weekend.

-J

Quote Reply
Re: [VelocityDriven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd recommend David Wenger also. He doesn't sell bikes and can definetly get you what you need to purchase a bike that has the proper geometry for you.

www.duratatraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: [VelocityDriven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jimmy is good people, I've known him for several years but not been fit by him. His tastes run expensive, a few years ago I was in the market for a new ride and was blown away with what he quoted me for a relatively tame set up. His shop is loaded with high end eye candy, a lot of it custom. You may also want to check out tri-sition in san antonio they are FIST certified and have retul. Regarding set up and putting it together yourself, unless you have some bike shop experience I would not recommend you wrench your own stuff, especially carbon. I have built up a dozen or so of my own bikes and found that getting measurements and torque specs correct can be trying and also that some of the new carbon frames can be quite fragile, especially around head tube and bottom bracket. Just like heart surgery, best left to those with experience I think. Good luck, hope to see you at the races.
Quote Reply
Re: [banzai_atx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sir,

You have certainly given me alot of food for thought. I'll definitely have to do some extensive research to expand my knowledge of stack/reach and so on. However, at this point it will be alot easier to find a good fitter and trust him to put me in the right bike of my choices or expand my model choises if need be and or recommended by the fitter. However, going in there with a list of questions (goals, intentions, etc.) and being somewhat prepared will certainly be easier on the fitter and me as well.

Jack and Adams will also get a phone call from me. I just wish I would've thought of this sooner as I was just in Austin yesterday, a five plus hour trip for me. However, with my limited knowledge it would certainly be advantageous to me to make as many necessary trips. This would cost me much less in the long run than buying a bike that would end up as an expnsive paper weight leaning up against the wall or worse, selling it for a fraction of the price I originally paid for.

As for the cranks. I was looking at the FSA Neo Pro set up with a 54/42 chainring. However, you're correct, this is the least of my issues at this point and time. Unfortunately, borrowing cranks will be a little difficult when the time comes. Again, I'll concern myself with this later down the road.

While I would like to build up the bike myself for the learning experience. I think I'll take the easy way out and have someone with mechanical skills build it up. However, I'll take pleasure in picking and choosing the components.....indeed this will be like falling in love for the first time. I'm actually looking forward to it. Sir, again you were very insightful and gave me plenty to mold over. Thank you very kindly.

Respectfully,

J

Quote Reply
Re: [gwitherow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is on my list of people to make contact with this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Thank you.

-J

Quote Reply
Re: [aztriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for chiming in. The retul device seems to be a great tool to use if you already have the bike in posession and wanting to optimize your performance. Is this assumption correct or will it also help me figure out which bike is right for me? Some additional information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Off to the pool.

Respectfully,

-J

Quote Reply

Prev Next