Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

[Resolved] How do you secure a di2 bar end shifter on a tri bar extension?
Quote | Reply
On a pre-race ride this morning one of my bar end shifters came very loose somehow (in the images the left one is good and the right one is the loose one). I unrolled the bar tape and tried to compare it with the other one that stays put, but can't figure out how are you supposed to make it stay in place?
I was thinking there's maybe some piece there that gets inserted into the extension and then gets fully secured by the tape, but there's no part of it that looks to be for that purpose. The only thing I can think of is start using the tape right by the buttons (much higher than you're supposed to) and aside from looking horrible (see images below), this still only makes it slightly less loose, you can still rotate it a little... I tried wedging something in between the shifter and the inside of the bar end, but no luck. What's the proper way to do this? Thanks!

Last edited by: friskyDingo: Sep 8, 23 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: How do you secure a di2 bar end shifter on a tri bar extension? [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Undo the bolt near the buttons, you will then have access to the internal hex expander.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you secure a di2 bar end shifter on a tri bar extension? [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As mentioned prior, just need to take off cover, insert allen wrench and tighten up the expander. Page 33/34 of https://si.shimano.com/...DM-UL0001-04-ENG.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: How do you secure a di2 bar end shifter on a tri bar extension? [carbenfire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers, thank you very much, all good now!
Quote Reply
Re: How do you secure a di2 bar end shifter on a tri bar extension? [RyuTan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for digging that out, appreciate it! "The knurled grooves should be aligned" ;)
Quote Reply